Topic: Mail vs. web site conflict?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I recently installed iRedMail. It's great! :-)

I'm wondering if there's something in a config file somewhere that's causing a weird issue I'm having. One of my sites, audiodef.com, will not load in Firefox, Epiphany, Jumanji, or Links, but will load in Opera. The site will not load in Firefox on my phone, but will load in three other browsers I also have on my phone. All of my other sites (gentoostudio.org, cochlearimplantusers.org, for example), for which I added domains to iRedMail, work just fine for me on all browsers. A couple of people, on request, have told me audiodef.com loads fine in their installation of Firefox. So far, I have not been able to test this away from my house.

I'm asking because audiodef.com is the first virtual domain I set up for iRedMail. If there's anything I should look at in the config, I'd appreciate the advice.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail vs. web site conflict?

No idea yet. sad

Re: Mail vs. web site conflict?

I think I know what happened, albeit not at the code level. On my former mail system, my mail server was audiodef.com. Not mail.audiodef.com or smtp.audiodef.com - just audiodef.com. I was used to that, and I set up my mail accounts on Thunderbird, K-9, etc., that way. I reset all of my mail clients to use their suggested defaults - mail.audiodef.com and smtp.audiodef.com, and voila - audiodef.com loads in Firefox. I think the iRedMail setup somehow got requests for audiodef.com as a mail server and apache stopped serving http requests to audiodef.com. Without any imap requests to audiodef.com, apache now serves that domain correctly when it gets http requests.

Not sure why this would happen at the config/code level, but all I can tell you is that once I got all my mail clients to use mail.audiodef.com and smtp.audiodef.com instead of just audiodef.com, this "problem" went away.