Topic: Incomming mail transfered via alia get rejected

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7 (Pro 1.8.2)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Wheezy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

One of our users have a @qsl.net alias that forwards mail to firstname.lastname@mydomain_a.com.

We have tested when sending from a e-mail address on an other domain towards the alias (and the alias should then forward that mail to firstname.lastname@mydomain_a.com).

We do see what the error message say, but why do the sender get this? Is it any secure way to solve this on our side? Or should it be fixed on the other end?

Error message:

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Mail Delivery System" <MAILER-DAEMON@mailman.qth.net>
To: firstname.lastname@mydomain_a.com
Cc:
Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
Date:

This is the mail system at host mailman.qth.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<firstname.lastname@mydomain_a.com> (expanded from <user_alias@qsl.net>): host
      hostname.myserver.com[MY.IP.AD.DDR] said: 553 5.7.1
<firstname.lastname@mydomain_a.com>:
      Sender address rejected: not logged in (in reply to RCPT TO command)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Incomming mail transfered via alia get rejected

Email 'user_alias@qsl.net' is hosted on your iRedMail server, so if an email sent as 'user_alias@qsl.net', Postfix will force sender to perform SMTP authentication to send this email. Obviously, you didn't do this, that's why Postfix rejected your email and your sender got this bounce message.

But user_alias@qsl.net is not hosted on my iRedMail server, firstname.lastname@mydomain_a.com is, and mailman.qth.net tries to forward a mail sendt to user_alias@qsl.net to firstname.lastname@mydomain_a.com (on my server)...

Message "Sender address rejected: not logged in" always means the sender address in this email is hosted on your server, so you have to figure it out why this email has this sender address.

By the way,

*) What's the original sender address? Show us the real email address, but replace some characters by '*'. for example, user@gm***.com.
*) Is sender hosted on mailman.qth.net? Or user_alias@qsl.net is?

p***.h***olt@lbo.no (sender) -> lb2**@qsl.net (forwarder) -> p***r.h***olt@nes***post.no (receiver)

The alias (lb2**@qsl.net) is hosted on mailman.qth.net, sender is on @lbo.no and the receiver is on our server.

Does alias "lib2**@qsl.net" has any member mail address ends with '@nes***post.no' (receiver domain)?

Sorry, I am not sure that I understand the question, @nes***post.no is on our server.