Topic: Iredmail with Horde 5 and OpenLDAP

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have configured my server with horde 5 and iredmail integrated to OpenLDAP installed using iredmail. I am facing difficulties in using the existing LDAP from iredmail. When I update preferences I always get the below message. Any one with an Idea please assist.

Aug 21 15:37:05 bsd HORDE: [turba] Failed to change name: (65) Object class violation; Old DN = mail=postmaster@test.com,ou=Users,domainName=test.com,o=domains,dc=test, dc=com, New DN = cn=postmaster, Root = ou=Users,domainName=test.com,o=domains,dc=test, dc=com [pid 29507 on line 405 of "/var/www/horde/turba/lib/Driver/Ldap.php"]

I will appreciate for a solution or any workaround.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Iredmail with Horde 5 and OpenLDAP

What's the bind dn used in Horde to change user preferences?

3 (edited by djbahati1 2014-08-22 12:39:43)

The bind i have used for LDAP on horde is cn=vmailadmin,dc=test, dc=com and vmailadmin password xxxxxxxxx and the base DN is ou=Users,domainName=test.com,o=domains,dc=test, dc=com, I am also not sure how to set for virtual domains/multidomain using a single horde install.

djbahati1 wrote:

Aug 21 15:37:05 bsd HORDE: [turba] Failed to change name: (65) Object class violation; Old DN = mail=postmaster@test.com,ou=Users,domainName=test.com,o=domains,dc=test, dc=com, New DN = cn=postmaster, Root = ou=Users,domainName=test.com,o=domains,dc=test, dc=com [pid 29507 on line 405 of

I think the point is new RDN you're going to use after changing name: cn.
iRedMail mail account uses 'objectClass=mailUser' and several other objectClasses, as i can remember, it doesn't support to use 'cn' as RDN. You can try 'mail', 'uid'.

You can try to pick up the allowed rdn with phpLDAPadmin, it will correctly list all allowed RDN when you edit this account.