Topic: amavisd database question

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: Pro-MySQL-1.8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
I am under assumption that amavisd handles spam/virus in conjuction with spamassassin
What is the function of this database? it seems to grow for ever without any maintenance. (over a million entries on one of the tables)
I read about cleanup_amavisd_db.py but see no cronfile running this.
What purpose does this data collection serve if we have no means of either the admin or the actual user to use it or manage their spam or even recover  an email as I see no body data anywhere to aid in recovery?

Is there any documentation I can use to better understand how is this used in Iredmail?

Many thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: amavisd database question

sergiocesar wrote:

What is the function of this database?

Currently, just 4 tables in 'amavisd' database are used to store basic info of in/out emails (no mail body), quarantined mails, and all sender/recipient addresses. They're invoked by Amavisd setting '@storage_sql_dsn'.

In upcoming release of iRedAdmin-Pro, it supports per-recipient policy lookup, so all 4 SQL tables will be used. It's invoked by Amavisd setting '@lookup_sql_dsn'.

sergiocesar wrote:

I read about cleanup_amavisd_db.py but see no cronfile running this.

Since iRedAdmin open source edition doesn't have this file, iRedMail doesn't setup cron job with this file. And our tutorial didn't mention this too.

In the latest iRedMail-0.8.7, iRedMail setups a cron job with this script. and iRedAdmin open source edition has this file.

sergiocesar wrote:

What purpose does this data collection serve if we have no means of either the admin or the actual user to use it or manage their spam or even recover  an email as I see no body data anywhere to aid in recovery?

It's used to show statistics of latest 24 hours, and top 10 senders/recipients, per-user in/out emails, quarantining spam/virus to SQL database for further approval (delete or release).

sergiocesar wrote:

Is there any documentation I can use to better understand how is this used in Iredmail?

Here's detailed steps to enable quarantining:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/quarantining.html