1 (edited by kmihalj 2014-10-16 07:28:07)

Topic: How to enable receiving mail sent to user@ip_address ...

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

How to enable receiving mail sent to user@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx .... (example: user@198.161.53.3) ?

I need this enabled, since I have old server removed from MX record (Exchange 2003) and new one with iRedMail ... but with same mail addresses ...

Idea is to enable mail forward from old server to new one, but since mail addressess is same I cannot forward to full mail address, so I need to use IP.

This is needed until all users set their new SMTP settings. Sending from exchange to local user... mail is delivered to exchange, so every user has to have two accounts in their mail client (and that is confusing some users), one for old server and one for new, and until all user setup their clients to new mailserver there is posibility that someone send mail using old server to user on same domain and that message will newer get to new server.

I wonna to remove settings for old server from users mail clients and that all mail come to new server.

Sending now to IP address (address is modified) gives me this error:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

kmihalj@161.xxx.xxx.xxx

Technical details of permanent failure: 
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain 161.xxx.xxx.xxx [161.xxx.xxx.xxx].

The error that the other server returned was:
501 5.1.3 Bad recipient address syntax

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to enable receiving mail sent to user@ip_address ...

The one i know is 'user@[192.168.x.x]', but it will sent email to system account on IP 192.168.x.x (which has SMTP service running).