Topic: Roundcube Page Blank on Ubuntu 10.04

First of all, let me say that I really appreciate the work you've done with iRedMail and iRedAdmin.  They have greatly simplified things for me!  I plan on purchasing the Pro version too.

I've installed IRedMail using the OpenLDAP backend on an Ubuntu 10.04 server on Amazon's EC2.  I was having some trouble with mysql and postfix-policyd getting installed properly but I think I got those worked out.  I was able to import a couple of thousand accounts using the create_mail_user_OpenLDAP.py script (thanks for that too!) but when I try to access Roundcube, the page is blank.

I looked at the Apache error log and I saw the following errors:

Wed Apr 07 08:34:23 2010] [error] [client 10.192.215.148] PHP Deprecated:  Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /usr/share/apache2/roundcube
mail-0.2.1/program/include/iniset.php on line 62
[Wed Apr 07 08:34:23 2010] [error] [client 10.192.215.148] PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/apache
2/roundcubemail-0.2.1/program/lib/PEAR.php on line 563
[Wed Apr 07 08:34:23 2010] [error] [client 10.192.215.148] PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/apache
2/roundcubemail-0.2.1/program/lib/PEAR.php on line 566

Would these PHP errors prevent the page from appearing?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Alex

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Roundcube Page Blank on Ubuntu 10.04

Also, I get the following errors:

* Restarting IMAP/POP3 mail server dovecot
Error: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 217: Unknown setting: sieve
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

and

* Restarting IMAP/POP3 mail server dovecot
Error: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 220: Unknown setting: sieve_storage
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

when those lines are not commented in the file.

Is there something I need to do other than commenting them?  I haven't come across the updated settings (if they exist) in my Google searches.

OK, I see that the sieve configuration settings changed from v1.1 to v1.2 of Dovecot.  I saw this at http://wiki.dovecot.org/ManageSieve/Configuration

So, the sieve issue has been resolved.

Still need help with the blank page issue though.

Try to upgrade roundcube to 0.3.1 manually.

AND, iRedMail doesn't support Ubuntu 10.x now, we will start to test it at the end of April - the date Ubuntu-10.04 RC/stable released.

I wasn't sure if you supported 10.04 yet.  Thanks for clarifying that.  I'll do the upgrade and see what happens.

Please keep up the great work.  It is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!  That worked!  I also had to remove the "cmusieve" option from the mail_plugins section of /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf in order for mail to be delivered. 

Thank you very much for your help!

Alex