Topic: Cannot find kickstart file on cdrom

I downloaded the iso image iRedOS-0.5.0-CentOS-5.3.i386.iso checked it with md5sum burned it, I boot up and hit the enter key to start the install I then receive a message Cannot find kickstart file on cdrom. It then takes me to a screen that shows cdrom:/iredmail.cfg I select the OK tab but then it takes me right back to Cannot find kickstart file on cdrom. I have checked the cdrom and the iredmail.cfg is there so I am at a lost as to why this won't boot up any farther.

Thanks

Darrell

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot find kickstart file on cdrom

Can you use Ctrl+Alt+F3 to switch to shell console and use command 'dmesg' to check the device name of CDROM?

I just switched the CDROM to another one and it is installing as we speak. Hope you can get the Freebsd port back because that is all I have ever used and not used to CENTOS.

Already updated to aviod php5-mhash and php5-pcre which were builtin in lang/php5.
You can test it with the latest iRedMail (checkout here: http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/source/checkout )

5 (edited by dbetts22 2010-04-11 11:22:25)

Thanks will test here in a few days. Hey this might be off topic but what about adding Maia-Mailguard that way each mail user and the admin can see what has been marked as spam or virus that are quarantined. I use it now on my main production server and I like it a lot. Your thoughts?

Also should I use yum update each week to make sure all packages are current?

Thanks

Darrell

dbetts22 wrote:

what about adding Maia-Mailguard that way each mail user and the admin can see what has been marked as spam or virus that are quarantined.

No plan yet. You can do it yourself.

dbetts22 wrote:

Also should I use yum update each week to make sure all packages are current?

Yes.