1 (edited by fireman 2010-04-14 05:54:49)

Topic: unable to login a user in roundcube

Hi All Im having a roundcube user login problem, after I install iredmail (freebsd7.3) go to postfixadmin and setup a mailbox the user cant login to roundcube just get (login failuire), I have search the fourms and found nothing. thanks for any help.  iRedMail-0.6.0-rc1  freebsd 7.3 postfix w/mysql. the user does work when setup in outlook just cant login to roundcube.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: unable to login a user in roundcube

Did you
1. check the log files for more detailed information why the login fails?
2. use the complete login as in login@domain.tls or just login (which would be incorrect)

loging in with user@domail.com

here is some of the maillog

be: [13-Apr-2010 23:33:49 -0500]: PHP Error: Failed to create a user record. Maybe aborted by a plugin? (POST /webmail/?_task=&_action=login)
Apr 13 23:33:49 cyann roundcube: MDB2 Error: unknown error (-1): _execute: [Error message: Unable to execute statement] [Last executed query: DELETE FROM session WHERE sess_id=?] [Native code: 0]
Apr 13 23:33:49 cyann roundcube: PHP Warning:  date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_def
Apr 13 23:33:49 cyann roundcube: [13-Apr-2010 23:33:49 -0500]: DB Error: MDB2 Error: unknown error Query: _execute: [Error message: Unable to execute statement] [Last executed query: DELETE FROM session WHERE sess_id=?] [Nat
Apr 13 23:33:49 cyann roundcube: MDB2 Error: unknown error (-1): _execute: [Error message: Unable to execute statement] [Last executed query: INSERT INTO session        (sess_id, vars, ip, created, changed)        VALUES (?,
Apr 13 23:33:49 cyann roundcube: PHP Warning:  date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_def
Apr 13 23:33:49 cyann roundcube: [13-Apr-2010 23:33:49 -0500]: DB Error: MDB2 Error: unknown error Query: _execute: [Error message: Unable to execute statement] [Last executed query: INSERT INTO session (sess_id, vars, ip, c

Do you have roundcube database in MySQL? Seems it can't execute sql commands.

fireman wrote:

loging in with user@domail.com

here is some of the maillog
Apr 13 23:07:48 cyann roundcube: [13-Apr-2010 23:07:48 -0500]: PHP Error: Failed to create new user in /usr/local/www/roundcube/program/include/rcube_user.php on line 451 (POST /webmail/?_task=&_action=login)

be: [13-Apr-2010 23:33:49 -0500]: PHP Error: Failed to create a user record. Maybe aborted by a plugin? (POST /webmail/?_task=&_action=login)
Apr 13 23:33:49 cyann roundcube: MDB2 Error: unknown error (-1): _execute: [Error message: Unable to execute statement] [Last executed query: DELETE FROM session WHERE sess_id=?] [Native code: 0]
Apr 13 23:33:49 cyann roundcube: [13-Apr-2010 23:33:49 -0500]: DB Error: MDB2 Error: unknown error Query: _execute: [Error message: Unable to execute statement] [Last executed query: DELETE FROM session WHERE sess_id=?] [Nat
Apr 13 23:33:49 cyann roundcube: MDB2 Error: unknown error (-1): _execute: [Error message: Unable to execute statement] [Last executed query: INSERT INTO session        (sess_id, vars, ip, created, changed)        VALUES (?,
Apr 13 23:33:49 cyann roundcube: [13-Apr-2010 23:33:49 -0500]: DB Error: MDB2 Error: unknown error Query: _execute: [Error message: Unable to execute statement] [Last executed query: INSERT INTO session (sess_id, vars, ip, c

6 (edited by fireman 2010-04-14 07:57:43)

mysql tables

cache                               0    InnoDB    utf8_general_ci    48.0 KiB    -
    contacts                               0    InnoDB    utf8_general_ci    32.0 KiB    -
    identities                               0    InnoDB    utf8_general_ci    32.0 KiB    -
    messages                               0    InnoDB    utf8_general_ci    64.0 KiB    -
    session                               0    InnoDB    utf8_general_ci    32.0 KiB    -
    users                               0    InnoDB    utf8_general_ci    48.0 KiB   

does this have to do with the freebsd port update of php to 5.3 a couple of days ago i know you had to write an updated install srcipt on 4-10 because depend problems with php, when i set this up last week before freebsd did the upgrade it worked fine execpt a server error with awstats.

thanks FM

Update your Roundcube install.
I had problems with PHP 5.3, and had to use latest Roundcube SVN version.

derchris wrote:

Update your Roundcube install.
I had problems with PHP 5.3, and had to use latest Roundcube SVN version.

the verison i have installed is the latest

fireman wrote:

the verison i have installed is the latest

I think you need update the roundcube to SVN version. just because the php 5.3

http://www.roundcubeforum.net/10-miscel … 5-3-a.html

There were no login problem on my side, but I had some problem using Roundcube later:

http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1486608

So all in all, PHP5.3 support in latest SVN release.

11 (edited by laura0812 2010-07-23 15:36:58)

Thank you for sharing these information and links. This will surely help me.  online new pokie machines