Topic: RoundCube & SquirrelMail webmail keeping both active

Hi All,

Apology for my ignorance to linux / iRedMail systems as I am just moving out from Windows messaging systems.

Is it possible to have both roundcube & squirrelmail webmail active. My reason for this request is, few of the domain users love to use decade tested squirrelmail & other domain users want to use new webmail like roundcube.

So far I understand, to achieve such configuration I need to make available two different DNS settings for squirrelmail & roundcube.

Just want to know any constrains from Dovecot/postfix/PHP/MySQL/etc or from iRedMail :)

Your answer will be appreciated.

Regards,

Bobby

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: RoundCube & SquirrelMail webmail keeping both active

It is a webfrontend after all, so you could run as many as you would like.
DNS is only needed if you want to have them running on their own domain/subdomain

Just want to know, is it possible to switch squirrelmail to RC or vice-versa while all the mail boxes are active, just want to understand from feature & storage / MySQL perspective

Regards,

Bobby

Bobby_MK wrote:

Just want to know, is it possible to switch squirrelmail to RC or vice-versa while all the mail boxes are active, just want to understand from feature & storage / MySQL perspective

Regards,

Bobby

Just because the Roundcube and squirrelmail use imap access the mailbox. the user can use both and no problem, the problem the contract is save in different database.