1 (edited by axelgenus 2009-12-16 02:26:50)

Topic: Complete domain alias

Hi,

I'm trying to bind some domains together: one of my client registered five domains and he would like to receive mails from all his domains without having to use multiple addresses. I tried to add "enabledService: domainalias" and "domainAliasName" attribute for each domain but it isn't sufficient to receive mails from the domain aliases.

For example:

I have an e-mail address "axelgenus@domain.com" and I would like to receive e-mail on the same mailbox using "axelgenus@domain.net" too. I NEED it to work as a domain alias not a shadow user because I have dozens of mailboxes. How can I achive that?

I followed the guide Zhang published on the forum (http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic354- … ckend.html) but it seems like I also need to put the "shadowaddress" attribute to each user to make it work otherwise postfix complains:

<axelgenus@domain.net>: user unknown

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Complete domain alias

You must use both domainAlaisName on domain object and shadowAddress on user object.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You must use both domainAlaisName on domain object and shadowAddress on user object.

For sure:
If we want to  make domain alias
anysuser@domainB.com => anyuser@domain-main.com
we should set shadowAddress on each user in domain?
Ie:
mike@domain-main.com -> shadowAddress: mike@domainB.com
peet@domain-main.com -> shadowAddress: peete@domainB.com
an so on ?
With iRedAdmin Full-featured Edition too?

greets,
Luk

uksza wrote:

Ie:
mike@domain-main.com -> shadowAddress: mike@domainB.com
peet@domain-main.com -> shadowAddress: peete@domainB.com
an so on ?

Yes.

With iRedAdmin Full-featured Edition too?

iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't support domain alias now, hope to implement this in further release.