1 (edited by SeanF 2015-02-24 15:18:34)

Topic: I seem to be unable to receive emails from my gmail account.

========
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)
====

As stated in the subject, sending a test email from my gmail account always seems to get rejected and thus far I've been unable to figure out why that is. My old account at live.com/outlook works fine as does my email address provided by my ISP. A friends private email server can send and receive email just fine, it just seems like my server hates gmail for some reason.

I am still able to send email just fine to my gmail account from the server, I just can't receive them and the log at /var/log/mail.log shows:

Feb 24 17:34:32 www postfix/smtpd[5212]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mfrom mail-yh0-x236.google.com[2607:f8b0:4002:c01::236]: 450 4.7.1 <p7.1 <postmaster@myhost.com>: Recipient address rejected: Acc7.1 <postmaster@myhost.com>: Recipient address rejected: Accd: Access denied; from=<mygmail@gmail.com> to=<postmaster@myhost.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-yh0-x236.google.com>

I am 100% sure I've typed the email in correctly and have checked multiple times and even tried sending it to different accounts.

I'm not quite sure what's going on or specifically how to fix it, searching around for similar problems and solutions so far has not helped me any.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: I seem to be unable to receive emails from my gmail account.

Please try below steps to reproduce this issue and show us detailed debug log:

*) Send one testing email from Gmail again. You can see its IP address in Postfix log file.
*) Append this IP address in Postfix parameter "debug_peer_list =", restart or reload postfix service.
*) Send one more testing email from Gmail. Copy full log related to this (second) testing email in /var/log/mail.log.

Just want to see which step returns 'access denied' message.

Alright I've attatched the file but omitted my own domain with "mydomain.com" and my gmail with "mygmail.com" just for privacy sake.

Really confused as I seem to be able to receive emails from all other sources, I'm guessing I messed up somewhere setting this up!

Post's attachments

maillog.copy 268.74 kb, 3 downloads since 2015-02-24 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

There's no error message 'Access denied' at all. And it doesn't contain FULL log related to a smtp session. Please try again.

Since installing have seen two instances of people saying they cannot receive email from gmail. Just an FYI Gmail does work with this project.

Gmail may however be trying to deliver mail on port 587 instead of 25. If one is behind a NAT port 587 obviously must be forwarded to the server.

Also gmail mx records may just take a full 24 hours to update as a general rule.

make sure you have google's TXT record specified..

https://support.google.com/a/answer/183895?hl=en