1 (edited by ferrisxb9r 2015-02-27 09:59:08)

Topic: broke send after apt-get upgrade, receive ok.

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7 (I think, I may have a half finished 0.9.0 upgrade)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql/mariadb
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

The error is listed below:

This is the mail system at host mx.mydomain.com.au.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<user@gmail.com>: mail for smtp.mydomain.com.au loops back to myself

Obviously the problem error is self evident, I just have no idea how to troubleshoot it.

I did an apt-get update and upgrade that caused my issue in the first place, as I got prompts from apache I think that I may have answered incorrectly.  (the internet site, internet with smarthost etc).

What do I need to do to fix this?  I'm happy to pay Zhang to fix it, but I'm sure he's got better things to do with his time.

Receiving emails is ok, it's purely send, and for all domains I run through this iredmail server.

Any help or a shove in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: broke send after apt-get upgrade, receive ok.

ferrisxb9r wrote:

What do I need to do to fix this?  I'm happy to pay Zhang to fix it, but I'm sure he's got better things to do with his time.

If you need remote support, please go buy a support ticket and drop me a mail. i will contact you as soon as possible. By the way, my time zone is GMT+8, please don't go mad if i didn't contact you soon after you bought a support ticket. smile

Back to your issue, "loops back to myself" is useless, and it's hard to troubleshoot, it may be caused by many possible issues.
Please show us one FULL log of one smtp session in Postfix log file, and output of command "postconf -n".