==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: Latest Version (just 2 days ago) 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: 
====

Dear Guys,
I have been using Apache Server with the latest version of iredmail. The speed at which roundcube works isnt exactly great. I am wondering if I switch of Nginx how much better will the performance be?

Also if there is any procedures/tutorial I should be aware of. Can I simply stop Apache2 and then install Nginx ?
That way if my installation of Nginx fails, I have apache for a fallback
Please advise

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Apache Vs Ngix

You will have to configure NGinx. With something similar to: https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … at=default
You will also have to install php5-fpm as this is what runs PHP for NGinx. NGinx will be faster for static assets, and possibly marginally faster for script processing. Your mileage will vary. Nothing to stop you trying it out, not liking it, removing nginx + php5-fpm, switching back to Apache. In the Future iRedMail won't automatically install and setup Apache2 for you, only NGinx.

With iRedMail-0.9.0, both Apache and Nginx were installed and properly configured by iRedMail, you can simply stop Apache and start Nginx service, that's all.

With upcoming iRedMail-0.9.1, iRedMail will install only one web server, Apache or Nginx, it's selectable during iRedMail installation.

hi,
appreciate both your feedback.
thanks alot