- Country: USA
- State/City: Florida/Orlando
- Company: Atlantic.Net
- Web Site: http://webmail.atlantic.net
- Backend (OpenLDAP, MySQL, or PostgreSQL): MYSQL
- Manage mail accounts with (iRedAdmin-Pro, phpMyAdmin, phpLDAPadmin): iRedAdmin-Pro
- Total Users: 17704
- Basic Hardware info (CPU/RAM/Storage): Xeon L5420 @ 2.50GHz / 16GB / 1TB
- Comment/Story/Migration tips:
Migrated to iRedmail from 35+ server Qmail cluster.
Support is superb, and from what it looks like it's expanding a bit now.
Easy spin up
Steady Update and Upgrade cycle(fast bug fixes if any)
- Run fast disks or offload your SPAM/Virus scanning elsewhere. Amavisd is IO intensive.
- If you're running with a large set of users, turn off Quarantining or you'll burn through disk space very quickly.
- If you're running with a large set of domain(I run +2000 domains), redirect your Iredadmin-Pro page to "System" upon login instead of "Dashboard". If you don't' do this, it'll take almost a minute to load the "Dashboard". To be honest, I don't even use the Dashboard, I go directly into the database to query information sets.
I think I did this with:
sed -i 's:/domains:/system:g' /var/www/iredadmin/controllers/mysql/basic.py
- If you're IO is to intense for your disks try: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/disable.sp … mails.html
- Be careful of YUM UPDATE! I did this recently Jumping from CentOS 6.4 - 6.6 and it broke awstats, broke permissions on ClamAV and Freshclam. I fixed all of it manually, but it was annoying.
- Use fail2ban best you can, and set it to jail IPs permanently. You'll get a user once in a while that blocks himself out, but it's not bad, again, I have 17K users, you might a blocked user once a day.
- Do NOT expose your phpMyadmin to the world, either remove it or, isolate it to IP's.
- Use RBLs to kill off spammers, namely: b.barracudacentral.org
- Make sure you're using good DNS servers(internal and on your network if you can, avoid using google) or your MTA will slow to a crawl an queue emails very badly.