Topic: Mail Box Quota - Virtual Mailbox limit

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version: 7.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: 5.6
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====
Just want to check if there is anyway to achieve this in iRedMail / AdminPro
When mail box quota exceeds, Mails are stored on the server / queue / etc.. for 3 - 4 days by default. without sending quota exceed ndr to the sender (Hence, the mails don’t bounce even if the quota of active mailbox is full). When users login using POP3 and they download full mail box and the mails which may be in queue or stored somewhere in server, can get delivered to the server.

your help is appreciated!

Regards,

PineMail Admin

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail Box Quota - Virtual Mailbox limit

PineMail11 wrote:

When mail box quota exceeds, Mails are stored on the server / queue / etc.. for 3 - 4 days by default. without sending quota exceed ndr to the sender (Hence, the mails don’t bounce even if the quota of active mailbox is full). When users login using POP3 and they download full mail box and the mails which may be in queue or stored somewhere in server, can get delivered to the server.

That's not true.

- When mailbox quota exceeds, Dovecot will send an NDR to the sender immediately.
- When mailbox is nearly full (85%, 90%, 95%), Dovecot will send warning message to mailbox owner.

Thanks, Look like it may not solve the issue I am looking for.

Is there any way where 85%, 90%..... warning messages can be given for domain quota size apart from mialbox size.

Thanks in Advance.

PineMail Admin.

Sorry, i'm not quite understand.

There's no quota warning for domain quota size. Domain quota size is used for admin tools like iRedAdmin-Pro, not used in Postfix, Dovecot.

Even If it used for iRedAdminPro - it is okay, is there any way where a message can be triggered whenever any domain quota is approaching the limit.

Regards,

PineMail Admin

You can try to write script tool to achieve this feature. Summary:

For MySQL backend:

- User mailbox quota is stored in mailbox.quota.
- Real-time mailbox quota is stored in mailbox.bytes and mailbox.messages.

For OpenLDAP backend:

- User mailbox quota is stored in attribute 'mailQuota' of user object.
- Real-time mailbox quota is stored in MySQL database "iredadmin" if you had iRedAdmin open source edition installed during iRedMail installation, columns: used_quota.bytes, used_quota.messages.

Count them and then do whatever you want.

Hi !

I'm interesting by iredMail-Pro. What is the max quota on Inbox support? and I have a server mail with Plesk with 300 users What format I need to migrate my accounts in an easy way?

Dear Dave,

Please always create a new forum topic for your issue/question, do not hijack other's topic, especially a 4-year old one.

*) iRedMail is configured to store mail messages in Maildir format, so if your Plesk uses the same format, it's easy to migrate mailboxes (copy/paste).

*) iRedMail supports multiple password schemes, check our tutorial here:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/password.hashes.html