1 (edited by gold 2015-05-05 02:36:41)

Topic: dovecot.index.cache: Invalid argument

Hello. Recently installed IRedMail, slightly changed the configuration of Dovecot. Debug mode is always enabled. Some time after transfer emails from old boxes began to appear such messages in the log:

May 04 12:50:53 imap(info@my_domain.ru): Error: mmap() failed with file /var/vmail/vmail1/1cps.ru/info/dovecot.index.cache: Invalid argument

Please Tell me where to look for the cause of the error.

==== My configuration: ====
- iRedMail-0.9.0
- Mail accounts in MySQL
- Web server Apache
- Debian Wheezy kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64
- My Dovecot configuration in pastebin (http://pastebin.com/XVSEGbEE)
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: dovecot.index.cache: Invalid argument

Did you copy 'dovecot.index.cache' from old server? Please try to remove all files startwith 'dovecot.*' under user's mailbox, Dovecot will generate them automatically.

Thank you for the answer. Of course I tried to do it. Dovecot again creates these files and once you sign in Inbox log in again with the same mistakes. Now compare the current configuration with a clean installation of IRedMail, it is possible so I will be able to find the cause of the error.

Noticed a feature in the standard install IRedMail 0.9.0 on Debian Wheezy. When copying a large number of letters from old POP3 accounts (stored in local folders in The Bat) in new boxes (IMAP4 mail server IRedMail). Copied only 1,000 - 1,500 letters, then the connection hangs.
As it turned out was not installed dovecot-common.

---------------------------
Заметил особенность в стандартной инсталляции IRedMail 0.9.0 в Debian Wheezy. При копировании большого количества писем из старых POP3 ящиков (хранящихся в локальных папках в The Bat) в новые ящики (IMAP4, на почтовом сервере IRedMail). Копируется только 1000 - 1500 писем, потом соединение зависает.
Как оказалось не был установлен компонент dovecot-common.

Excuse me, is your issue solved?

6 (edited by gold 2015-05-13 16:01:02)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Excuse me, is your issue solved?

The problem still occurs. I did a clean install IRedMail on a virtual machine with Debian Wheezy. Created mailboxes. Began to carry letters by dragging letters from the old box to the new one. Today I found the same mistake. Maybe it's in the mail program The Bat 5.0.20.1 I use? Although using roundcube encounter the same mistakes. Maybe what's wrong with themselves?

LOG:

May 13 10:21:53 imap(cps@1cps.ru): Debug: acl vfile: file //var/vmail/vmail1/1cps.ru/c/p/s/cps-2015.05.06.13.46.06//Maildir/.&BB4EIgQgBBAEEQQeBCIEEAQdBB0EKwQV-.&BC0EOwQ1BDIEMARCBD4EQA-/dovecot-acl not found
May 13 10:21:53 imap(cps@1cps.ru): Error: mmap() failed with file //var/vmail/vmail1/1cps.ru/c/p/s/cps-2015.05.06.13.46.06//Maildir/.&BB4EIgQgBBAEEQQeBCIEEAQdBB0EKwQV-.&BC0EOwQ1BDIEMARCBD4EQA-/dovecot.index.log: Invalid argument

".&BB4EIgQgBBAEEQQeBCIEEAQdBB0EKwQV-" and ".&BC0EOwQ1BDIEMARCBD4EQA-/" Is the name of directories and subdirectories Cyrillic.

7 (edited by gold 2015-05-13 16:29:37)

Created a new mailbox. Went in with roundcube, created a directory in Cyrillic. In the logs the same errors.

The content of dovecot.index.cache:

......SUC.SU........@...................
.....................................................................................................................................flags.date.sent.date.received.date.save.size
.virtual.size.physical.imap.body.imap.bodystructure.imap.envelope.pop3.uidl.guid.mime.parts.hdr.Date.............................................................................

dovecot.index.log:

..(...SU..............SU....................@...........$...........maildir...........$...SU..SU.[.7..SU..SU.[.7..SU...83....... .........SU.... ...@...........@...........$....
.................$.$.SU..SU.[.7$.SU..SU.[.7$.SU.v..3....... ...@...........@...........$.....................$.$.SU..SU.[.7C.SUC.SUݿ..C.SU?.<.`....... ...@...T..................
..... ...T.$..iRU....................................@...........$.....................$.H.SU..SU.[.7H.SUC.SUݿ..C.SU?.<.`....... ...@........... ...0........... ...@............
...................@...........$.....................$.K.SU..SU.[.7K.SUK.SU}Z..C.SU?.<.`....... ...@...................72.r.OB6qD.n..%-....@...........$.....................$.K.
SU..SU.[.7K.SUK.SU>mW.C.SU?.<.`................................... ...@.......

The directory names in the Latin alphabet the same mistakes.

I have no idea. I suggest you post this issue to Dovecot mailing list to get support from its developer or experienced users.
http://www.dovecot.org/support.html

Thanks, I'll do that. The results will be reported.