Topic: Global sieve filter doesnt work after I write a user defined filter

Im running IredOS, updated to 051, I installed the hotfix etc and updated the os (centos 5.4)
I have a global sieve filter to move all the marked mail by spamassassin to special
folder to  train the filter and look for any false positive manually, everything works like expected
but yesterday I defined a user filter for out of office with the roudcube webmail
then the out of office message is sent to every mail to comes to the mailbox, once we see everything works
I deleted the user out of office filter in roundcube and the problem is that
now Im receiving the spam marked messages in the mailbox ONLY FOR THIS USER, I see in the sieve directory of this user,
and there are a dovecot.sieve simbolic link to file in the path /var/mail/sieve/example.com/username/roundcube
inside only have a line with /* empty script */ , there is also a dovecot.sievec

the global dovecot.sieve is at /var/mail/sieve/dovecot.sieve but it seems is not working anymore for this particular user
this global sieve dont take precedence to the user defined filter?
how I can still filter globaly when a user have a user defined filter?

Thank you for your help
Juan

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Global sieve filter doesnt work after I write a user defined filter

Per-user sieve filter will override global filter.
Currently, I don't know how to make them work one by one, if you know how to do it, please inform me. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Per-user sieve filter will override global filter.
Currently, I don't know how to make them work one by one, if you know how to do it, please inform me. smile

You need to update to dovecot 1.2, because 1.1.x does not support dovecot's sieve plugin (only CMUSieve), and doesn't have sieve_before or sieve_after.

I too need this functionality.
I need a global rule to always process to spam sorting rules.