==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Debian Jessie
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hey,

I have one mail server with dovecot / exim4 personal installation. Now i have fresh iRedMail on one other server.

I Would like import all my mails from my old mail server to iRedMail.

Is it possible ?

Thank you

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Import mail from Exim installation to iRedMail

Well since Exim is your MTA, it doesn't store mail - only send it, you'd be more interested in moving along your userDB, and mails.
1) Where is your user data (passwords, names, etc) stoed
2) What is the structure of your maildir store

7t3chguy wrote:

Well since Exim is your MTA, it doesn't store mail - only send it, you'd be more interested in moving along your userDB, and mails.
1) Where is your user data (passwords, names, etc) stoed
2) What is the structure of your maildir store

Dovecot Sorry. not exim.

user date stored in sqlite database

old structure is :

/var/mail/domain.tld/user/{cur/new/tmp}

You'd have to write a script to transfer your User Data from SQLite to one of our backends:
MySQL;
PgSQL;
LDAP;

The filesystem structure might be alright, but if not then it shouldn't need much change.

Import user is not a problem, cause i don't have lot of user.

But for all email data, when i execute :

rsync -avz root@old_email_server:/var/mail/domain.tld/user/new root@new_email_server:/var/vmail/vmail1/domain.tld/a/r/r/user-2015.05.28.08.01.27/Maildir/new

(and chown vmail:vmail on all files)

It doesn't work

The maildir path stored in iRedMail SQL/LDAP database must be the same as the mailbox path on file system. If they're the same, you can see migrated mail messages in webmail/imap directly.

Note: while import mail accounts, you can specify the maildir path to '/var/vmail/vmail1/[domain.com]/[user]/', you do NOT have to use iRedMail default maildir format ([domain.com]/u/s/e/username-20150529122501/).