Topic: Update components of Iredmail manually

Hello!

First, I have to tell that your system is VERY useful for installing (in comparisson with manually setup postfix, mysql, ldap etc.)!

I've just installed Iredmail 0.5.1 on CentOS in VirtualBOX. Almost evrything suits me. But - components (like Postfix, Dovecot etc.) are older than the current stable version, available via RPM or sorces. So, I manually updated Dovecot, Sieve etc to the newest versions. I want to say that I had to change config files manualy, so:

Question1: When your iRedMail-0.6.0 will be completed, will I be able to update my manually updated 0.5.1 to 0.6.0 or I will face a lot of some other unimaginable problems?

Question2: If I want to update versions of mail server components, which way should I select in order to avoid possible problems? In other words, if there is a "right" method to update server components?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Update components of Iredmail manually

billybons2006 wrote:

Question1: When your iRedMail-0.6.0 will be completed, will I be able to update my manually updated 0.5.1 to 0.6.0 or I will face a lot of some other unimaginable problems?

iRedMail-0.6.0 will be available on June 01 (Maybe July 01).
Upgrade tutorial will be available, like other versions. http://www.iredmail.org/doc.html#upgrade_tutorial

Question2: If I want to update versions of mail server components, which way should I select in order to avoid possible problems? In other words, if there is a "right" method to update server components?

As you may know, iRedMail uses packages which officially provided by Linux/BSD distrobutions. So,
For RHEL/CentOS, use 'yum update/upgrade'.
For Debian/Ubuntu, use 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade'.
For FreeBSD, use ports tree.

Re: Update components of Iredmail manually

Ok, thank you for your answer!

Method "yum update/upgrade" looks nice smile