Topic: Unable to access awstats and cluebringer web ui...

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version 0.9.2
- Ubuntu 14.04/32bit
- MySQL
- Apache Web server
- No
====

I have a freshly installed iRedMail install that is working fine, however, using the urls provided for the awstats and cluebringer web pages, with the password I configured (and is shown in the system config email that the postmaster@mydomain.org account recieved after the install completed) will not log me into those programs. I navigate to the https://mail.mydomain.org/cluebringer, use postmaster@mydomain.org, and the password I provided, immediately pops up another login box.. The awstats ui does the same thing.. I can however log in to the iRedAdmin ui using the same credentials just fine.. What gives??

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unable to access awstats and cluebringer web ui...

Sounds like you're having the same issue that's been reported already. It's not liking the SHA512 password, if you change it to a salted md5 as described here: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/reset.user.password.html, you shouldn't have any further issues.

I've already done this on my CentOS 7 server and once I changed it, I was able to access Cluebringer UI and AwStats as well as the iRedAdmin pages. Hope this helps you.

Just remember, SSHA512 is MUCH MUCH more secure, the better way to fix this is to set up a htpasswd file for awstats/cluebringer separate from the iRedMail authentication, this way it won't be compromising the crypography of your important iRedMail accounts, but at the cost of you having to manually manage a passwd file, passwords won't be synced etc

7t3chguy wrote:

Just remember, SSHA512 is MUCH MUCH more secure, the better way to fix this is to set up a htpasswd file for awstats/cluebringer separate from the iRedMail authentication, this way it won't be compromising the crypography of your important iRedMail accounts, but at the cost of you having to manually manage a passwd file, passwords won't be synced etc

Thanks!! That worked fine, and I learned a bit more about Apache and its configuration that I never knew.. Both are working fine now and I think I can live with the un-sync'ed password "problem"...

Dave