Topic: Shutting down Amavisd

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

Is it safe run this command: service amavisd stop?
I don't think I need virus scanning and spam filtering for my current need. Earlier I had these features disabled in the Amavisd configuration file. But still I was facing some memory issue so I just decided to shutdown Amavisd completely? Is that the right decision or will I miss something after this?

Also the fact that I'm getting the error:

Jul 14 13:06:38 server1 postfix/anvil[30113]: statistics: max connection rate 1/60s for (smtp:114.43.251.143) at Jul 14 13:03:16
Jul 14 13:06:38 server1 postfix/anvil[30113]: statistics: max connection count 1 for (smtp:114.43.251.143) at Jul 14 13:03:16
Jul 14 13:06:38 server1 postfix/anvil[30113]: statistics: max cache size 1 at Jul 14 13:03:16

and when sending mail via Interspire, It says unable to send, connection refused (111) and sometimes time out (110)

Is anything missing in the setting that I need to care of?

Waiting for some help!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Shutting down Amavisd

If you stop it, then mail will be queued until it starts again as Postfix is configured to require it. Please read our docs
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/completely … assin.html
the bottom section, commenting out two lines BEFORE switching Amavis off.

Yeah, I just commented out the last lines mentioned in the given link and then shutdown the Amavisd services completely.

The "error" you mentioned isn't an error, its a statistics note...?

But I couldn't see the mail coming to the recipient end. It throws the error when sent a test mail from Interspire and then I went to see the log file and that's what I got.

As @7t3chguy mentioned, that is just a statistics note, it's not an error or warning. It's normal and safe to ignore.