1 (edited by InformaticaTTU 2015-07-22 23:51:52)

Topic: Autocreate folders

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes. 2.1.3
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, first of all i'm sorry for my english.

I'm trying to create two folders inside the INBOX folder, but i can't do it (or i don't know how to do it). I've searched a lot on internet and all pages talk about mailboxes.conf and autocreate plugin (deprecated) but didn't work...

I've tried with this wiki info http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailboxSettings but still no luck.

And i've added this to "inbox" namespace of 15-mailboxes.conf:
  mailbox _Almacen {
    special_use = \_Almacen
    auto=subscribe
  }

Is just a test to create a folder in root folder but the folder is never created.

How i can create default folders to new users?

Thanks!!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Autocreate folders

remove the special_use, because its not a Valid Special folder (Inbox, Junk, Sent, Archive, etc) and it'll only work on newly created users.

Why you don't use Roundcube ? it's more easy no ?

Ange7, if you auto-create folders in roundcube, they won't be created when a user is, and instead when they first log into roundcube, what about if they only ever log in on a mobile device, they then won't have these additional folders.

7t3chguy wrote:

remove the special_use, because its not a Valid Special folder (Inbox, Junk, Sent, Archive, etc) and it'll only work on newly created users.

Thanks for the reply.

That was i thought and i did a test but did not work. I've tested again to check if maybe i've done something wrong and same behaviour...

I've followed this steps:
- Edit the file to delete the special_use
- Restart the dovecot daemon
- Delete the test user and create again the test user
- How the above user did not create the folders then i've created another test user.

Ange7 wrote:

Why you don't use Roundcube ? it's more easy no ?

7t3chguy wrote:

Ange7, if you auto-create folders in roundcube, they won't be created when a user is, and instead when they first log into roundcube, what about if they only ever log in on a mobile device, they then won't have these additional folders.

Exactly... The most of users of our server are using Thunderbird, then an autocreate folder in Roundcube will not work, but thanks for the suggestion.

Greetings and thanks!!

ok, i didn't see the "auto create" lol

I literally just added

mailbox Notes {
        auto = subscribe
    }

to the private namespace and it works for me hmm

7t3chguy wrote:

I literally just added

mailbox Notes {
        auto = subscribe
    }

to the private namespace and it works for me hmm

Well... finally i've found the problem: the "conf.d" folder is disabled in dovecot configuration file and all i've done was ignored...

Thanks for all help and sorry for lose you're time.