==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 2.1.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): SQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):  Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?  Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: none
====

Thank you for the help.  I have been having issues with receiving over 300 spam emails per day on some of my accounts.  Can you give me a some ideas of where to look to get these spam emails turned away?  I recently turned off the IPV6 for clue bringer, but I don't think that's the core of the problem.  Thoughts?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Spam Checks

You can try to enable DNSBL service to help fight spam, this is the cheapest but effective solution:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/enable.dnsbl.html

Besides dnsbl service, we need to check Postfix log file to figure out why you have so many spams, and how to stop them. Also, make sure your email account passwords are not leaked/cracked.

i think i already have it configured like you're suggesting.  I previously got rid of IPV6 with cluebringer per your suggestion.  do you think that the way I configured it would have made a difference?  Here's the section of the main.cf file:

smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unlisted_recipient, check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:7777, permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination, reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org

# check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031,

smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions = check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:7777,

# check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031,

smtpd_tls_security_level = may

4 (edited by usafitz 2015-07-22 10:19:49)

I don't need a comma after the zen.spamhaus.org?  do I?

Also, I can post some of my postfix log file, but which file do I need to take the excerpt from?  I don't have a postfix.log in /var/log

thanks

The log file will be /var/log/mail.log or /var/log/maillog

You don't have Cluebringer enabled, that means you don't have greylisting enabled. If you disabled IPv6, it's ok to run Cluebringer.