Topic: Amavis / MySQL Timeouts (Still happening)
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: /var/log/mail.log
It happened again this morning. I'm not sure what setting that I can tweak to prevent this from happening...
Aug 11 12:13:04 mail amavis: (27951-02) NOTICE: reconnecting in response to: err=2013, HY000, timed out
Aug 11 12:13:04 mail amavis: (27951-02) (!)lookup_sql: timed out at (eval 95) line 200., ,
Aug 11 12:13:04 mail amavis: (27951-02) (!)Requesting process rundown, task exceeded allowed time
I've been trying to research the Amavis error, but I'm coming up with nothing. Apparently MySQL is timing out, but I'm not sure why. Is my server dealing with too little activity? It's just a low-traffic mail server with 4 virtual domains and about 8 users. I've tried adapting my.cnf to "max_connections = 100". Is there something else that I can do? As I've stated before, this appears to happen during periods of inactivity. Last night, the server ran without incident until this afternoon.