Topic: Cannot receive inbound mail from external server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release) - v1.5.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.11 (Tikanga)
- Store mail accounts in which backend - MySQL
- Web server - APACHE
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? - Yes.
====

The configuration we have with the servers is as follows:

INBOUND:
[inbound email via internet] --(mx)--> [ired server] --> [office server (POP3)] --> [client]

OUTBOUND:
[outbound email from client] --> [office server] --> [internet]

The problem is, that when the office of the client sends to itself (i.e. one@domain.com to two@domain.com) the ired email server rejects the mail, as it thinks that it's being spoofed from another location.

I gather that this is to prevent fraudulent emails, however in this case it's a requirement that the email server accepts external emails from a domain configured within itself.

It's causing a few issues because our client can't email us, but we can email them perfectly fine. Any idea on a solution would be great! We have spoken to them about simply sending mail to their server, however for various reasons, they are reluctant to do so.

Cheers in advance smile

Tim

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot receive inbound mail from external server

Did you try to add their server IP address in Postfix 'mynetworks =' on your iRedMail server?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you try to add their server IP address in Postfix 'mynetworks =' on your iRedMail server?

I did not - but I'll give it a shot and let you know. smile

Looks like I've put this in the wrong Forum - would an oper mind moving it to the iredadmin-pro forum please! thanks. sad

I moved it from 'iRedAdmin-Pro Support' forum to 'iRedMail Support' forum, since it's not an iRedAdmin-Pro issue.

Thanks Zhang. Apologies! We're looking into the mynetworks thing now. Will let you know how it goes.

Hi Zhang,

We've added both of their servers to the mynetworks conf line, and it looks like they can send back and forth with no issues now. All tested and emails are flowing freely!

Thanks very much for the help.