1 (edited by maxie_ro 2010-05-12 14:45:04)

Topic: Need some guides for shared folders

Hi there.

I have tried to setup IMAP shared (not public, shared) folders on iRedMail, but I keep running into problems.

The ACL is working fine, I can set ACLs for folders to be shared. I also have setup the Shared namespace, and it's appearing listed. But nothing I share appears. I think shared folders are listed ok internally, but not visible to others... at least this is what I think.

Has anyone any experience with these? Some serious guide, anything?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Need some guides for shared folders

Does this help:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes … redFolders

3 (edited by maxie_ro 2010-05-12 15:01:26)

Already done what's in SharedMailboxes/Shared and ACL, but I get this error messages:

May 12 09:33:12 auth-worker(default): Error: sql(user@domain.tld): User query failed: Unknown column 'enableinternal' in 'where clause'
May 12 09:33:12 IMAP(anotheruser@domain.tld): Error: userdb lookup(user@domain.tld) failed: Internal failure
May 12 09:33:12 IMAP(anotheruser@domain.tld): Error: Namespace 'Shared/': Could not lookup home for user user@domain.tld

I have setup ACLs as being mysql-based by a dictionary, according to the guides. I'm out of clues...

Seems caused by failed SQL query.

May 12 09:33:12 auth-worker(default): Error: sql(user@domain.tld): User query failed: Unknown column 'enableinternal' in 'where clause'

Which variable will be replaced by 'internal'? i mean 'enableinternal' here. I can't find this in dovecot wiki page: http://wiki.dovecot.org/Variables

Can you please paste related SQL statements?

Well I can't find any related mysql clauses too and I don't have a clue where it is supposed to be coming from. I even googled for "dovecot enableinternal" and couldn't find anything anywhere... The only thing that's new is the dict for ACLs, but that's working fine, no error/warning when saving ACLs for a folder...

That's why I asked for somebody that has some experience with this if (s)he has any guides available.

Oh, btw, I have installed dovecot-1.2, tried to see if it would make any difference, but I have the same problem.

Try to remove 'enableXXX' in dovecot-mysql.conf, and try again.

Thanks, after removing "enable%Ls%Lc='1'" it's partially working, in the sense that I don't have any error now, and I can see the Shared namespace correctly.

Nevertheless, when I share a folder from another user, I see it, but can't access it, I get "Mailbox does not exists". Also, I can't create new folders. I'll dig into it.

Do you have correct file/directory permission? i guess they should be vmail:vmail.

Strike that, now everything is working ok. Rebooted the entire server. Apparently restarting dovecot n+1 times wasn't enough.

BTW, I can't find "internal" variable myself anywhere. Bad docs... I guess I'll add it to mailbox table with value 1, hope will suffice.

ZhangHuangbin, thank you for the clue regarding enableXXX.

BTW, I can't find "internal" variable myself anywhere. Bad docs... I guess I'll add it to mailbox table with value 1, hope will suffice.

I will update iRedMail to include 'enableinternal=1' by default later smile

Would you mind share your steps? so that other users can get benefits big_smile

Well of course, but let's just wait a week or so with the server in production using current configs.

Also, I'm using dovecot-1.2, and SOGo, I don't know how well can somebody use my guide with stock iRedMail...

OK. wait for your tutorial tongue

maxie_ro wrote:

Well of course, but let's just wait a week or so with the server in production using current configs.

Also, I'm using dovecot-1.2, and SOGo, I don't know how well can somebody use my guide with stock iRedMail...

So...is your production server running well? I'm also running stock iRedMail with SOGo (on CentOS with dovecot-1.1.20-1_98el5) and i'm interested in shared folders...

dhagiu wrote:

So...is your production server running well? I'm also running stock iRedMail with SOGo (on CentOS with dovecot-1.1.20-1_98el5) and i'm interested in shared folders...

Apparently yes. No complaints till now. I will write a tutorial next week.

I'm looking forward your guides and I'm trying to continue to work with MS outlook connector in iRedMail+SoGo setup.
Thanks in advance

Try using the steps here:
Shared folders with dovecot 1.2
I hope I haven't forgotten anything, but just in case, I marked it as "work in progress" on the main page.

Thanks for your sharing, maxie_ro smile

In section 'Step 7 - Optional', you can nitice user that only iRedMail-0.5.1 and older version requires this step. iRedMail-0.6.0 has this column by default. thanks again smile

Maybe we can add your sample table user_shares in future release, aha

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Thanks for your sharing, maxie_ro smile

In section 'Step 7 - Optional', you can nitice user that only iRedMail-0.5.1 and older version requires this step. iRedMail-0.6.0 has this column by default. thanks again smile

No problemo. Added the note.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Maybe we can add your sample table user_shares in future release, aha

That would be fine, but I'm not sure it should be in trunk.

Anyway, please keep in mind that this guide was written for dovecot 1.2, not the default 1.1 which comes with most distros.

maxie_ro wrote:

Anyway, please keep in mind that this guide was written for dovecot 1.2, not the default 1.1 which comes with most distros.

iRedMail already supports dovecot 1.2. smile

FreeBSD uses 1.2.