Topic: Upgrading iRedMail from 0.8.7 to 0.9.0 - Typo in docs?

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.8.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
====

I'm upgrading from 0.8.7 to 0.9.0 and I read from http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.ir … latest-144 that in order to know the value of amavisd_db_password I have to check the value of @lookup_sql_dsn (I found it at /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user )
For that value I have:

#@lookup_sql_dsn =  (
#    ['DBI:mysql:database=vmail;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306', 'vmail', 'MY_PASSWORD-1'],
#);

Shouldn't look at the value of @storage_sql_dsn instead? Its value is

@storage_sql_dsn = (
    ['DBI:mysql:database=amavisd;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306', 'amavisd', 'MY_PASSWORD-2'],
);

that seems more appropriate with the template text you reported in the upgrade doc:

amavisd_db_server = '127.0.0.1'
amavisd_db_port = 3306
amavisd_db_name = 'amavisd'
amavisd_db_user = 'amavisd'
amavisd_db_password = 'password'

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrading iRedMail from 0.8.7 to 0.9.0 - Typo in docs?

White/blacklists are stored in database which used by Amavisd @lookup_sqn_dsn, not @storage_sql_dsn.

If you set '@lookup_sql_dsn = @storage_sql_dsn;' in Amavisd config file, then it doesn't matter which one you use.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

White/blacklists are stored in database which used by Amavisd @lookup_sqn_dsn, not @storage_sql_dsn.

If you set '@lookup_sql_dsn = @storage_sql_dsn;' in Amavisd config file, then it doesn't matter which one you use.

But why then in /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user I have

@storage_sql_dsn = (
    ['DBI:mysql:database=amavisd;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306', 'amavisd', 'MY_PASSWORD-2'],
);
#@lookup_sql_dsn =  (
#    ['DBI:mysql:database=vmail;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306', 'vmail', 'MY_PASSWORD-1'],
#);

Shouldn't @lookup_sql_dsn point to the amavisd database instead of the vmail database?

*) Your @lookup_sql_dsn is disabled.
*) Old iRedMail releases don't enable @lookup_sql_dsn.