1 (edited by I/O Error 2015-08-24 11:58:44)

Topic: Separate/One Instance(s) on Amazon EC2?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): Latest
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Amazon EC2 Ubuntu x64
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? N/A
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A
====

Hey all, this is probably a profoundly stupid question but I figure it's better to hear it straight from the horses mouth then to sit stewing over it for a day or two.

I'm currently hosting my servers with Amazon on two of their ubuntu instances, the performance is great and I've had no serious issues thus far (amazing software by the way, really simplified the setup and the support here is totally rad), but in an effort to cut costs I'm wondering if it's possible to deploy a fresh install of iRedMail on a single, more powerful EC2 server along side three Wordpress instances and WHMCS as opposed to having my WHMCS/Wordpress applications on a separate instance altogether.

I was unsure if I needed to have a dedicated IP address for the mail server itself (and a separate machine hostname/FQDN setup), or if I could potentially use virtual-hosts to keep everything in check. I apologise if this has been answered, I did a quick search but my search powers are weak.

Cheers,

I/O

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Separate/One Instance(s) on Amazon EC2?

I/O Error wrote:

I'm wondering if it's possible to deploy a fresh install of iRedMail on a single, more powerful EC2 server along side three Wordpress instances and WHMCS as opposed to having my WHMCS/Wordpress applications on a separate instance altogether.

It's better to run iRedMail on a standalone server, and deploy other applications on other server.

As a mail server, you need a static IP address, an valid server hostname (resolvable in DNS).

Re: Separate/One Instance(s) on Amazon EC2?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's better to run iRedMail on a standalone server, and deploy other applications on other server.

I sort of figured that would be the case, thanks for the super quick help man I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

I/O