1 (edited by elagil 2015-08-26 16:24:46)

Topic: SOGo web interface very slow after fresh installation

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Jessie (8)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: sogo.log is empty after testing the web interface.
====

Hello!

First of all, I am very happy with iRedMail. It has proven very reliable.

Now, I started using SOGo on a fresh installation. Unfortunately, the web interface is very sluggish and responds fairly slowly. What could be the reason for this? The load ("top", process "sogod") is rather high with 12-15% when a user is logged in. The server has 4 GB of RAM and some Intel processor inside.

If that is important: I migrated my LDAP accounts and mails to the new installation.

Kind regards,
Adrian

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by elagil 2015-08-26 16:40:35)

Re: SOGo web interface very slow after fresh installation

Actually I did have errors:

"No child available to handle incoming request!"

So I increased the worker count from 10 to 100. Should that be really necessary? I only have one user active on the web interface and some mobile devices with ActiveSync. Still, the same error occurs, even with 100 workers.

Kind regards,
Adrian

Now, changing the worker count in /etc/sogo/sogo.conf does not seem to affect anything.

I had to change the PREFORK setting in /etc/default/sogo. When I set it to 10 or something (more than 3) the problem seems to be solved. Also, the load goes down.

SOGO on Debian/Ubuntu reads the value of preforked worker from /etc/default/sogo, not /etc/sogo/sogo.conf.

Ok, I see! Thank you.

I suggest to use a higher default value (maybe 10?) to avoid slowdowns.

Next iRedMail release will set it to prefork 10 workers by default.