- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 14.0.2 TLS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi,

I am currently creating custom scripts to manage users and domains quota.
At first sight, it seems to work fine, everything appear in iRedAdmin interface and SQL tables as i set on my scripts (quota in mailbox table and maxquota in domain table).

The problem is that domain quota are not enforced, as I can set higher user quota.
Then when I send multiple mails to a user with an higher quota, even if the domain quota is reached, user quota prevails over it.

Here is an overly exaggerated screen

Is there anything that I am missing, restriction due to not using iRedAdminPro? Need to modify other things?

Thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Domain quotas not enforced

Mail quota is just a value in one SQL table, if you update it with sql command line, there's no such quota enforcement at all. Quota enforcement is applied when you add mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro.

Ok,so per exemple, I create an user with the default quota of 100Mb, and modify with command line the value corresponding in the SQL table. This works for me .
But if I set maxquota in domain table, to say 1Gb, the total value of users quotas can still be higher than domain quota.
So with this configuration domain quota isn't working at all for me.

Thanks for your answer

Domain quota is applied when you manage quota with web ui like iRedAdmin-Pro. SQL server doesn't apply this quota at all. I hope it's clear here.

Yep it's clear! Thanks for your answers