Topic: How to update firewall to accept managesieve on port 4190 please?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 14.04.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NginX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Not yet
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I've read in your ChangeLog:
"LMTP (port 24) and managesieve (port 4190) services are now listening on only localhost (127.0.0,1 and ::1) by default."

But could you please explain me how to enable managesieve port 4190 please?
To permit to RainLoop webmail to access to the script, from another server.

And by the way, I suppose if you have set it to localhost only, it's for security reasons, so if you could quickly explain me the risks, this will be perfect! smile

Regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to update firewall to accept managesieve on port 4190 please?

Open /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, comment out 'address =' line in setting block below, then restart dovecot service. it will listen on all available addresses.

service managesieve-login {                                                                                                    
    inet_listener sieve {                                                          
        # Listen on localhost (ipv4)                                               
        address = 127.0.0.1                                                        
        port = 4190                                                                
    }                                                                              
} 

iRedMail installs webmail on localhost, so no need to allow public access. I suggest you update firewall rules to allow access from RainLoop server and reject access from other IP addresses.

3 (edited by lakano 2015-08-27 22:02:38)

Re: How to update firewall to accept managesieve on port 4190 please?

Thanks a lots Zhang,

I followed your advice and added the rule inside the /etc/default/iptables file!
This works fine, perfect!