1 (edited by youradds 2015-09-01 23:03:35)

Topic: Didn't create DB?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Debian 8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend : MySQL
- Web server: Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:  Not even sure where to look?
====

Hi,

Cool system smile  I'm trying to get it going on my Debian 8.1 server, as per:

https://www.linode.com/docs/email/iredm … g-iredmail

That has an older version of iRedMail listed (so I changed it for the newer one). The install process went through ok - but it didn't seem to do any mySQL DB setup (mySQL was already configured on the server)

Trying to access here:

//mail.xxx.com/iredadmin/

I get an error:

"internal server error"

...and when trying to access roundcube at //x.net/mail/ , I get another error:

DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

(apologies for the weird links - but the forum was moaning I had put too many in, so had to simplify them a bit, so it would let me post smile)

TIA

Andy

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Didn't create DB?

youradds wrote:

The install process went through ok - but it didn't seem to do any mySQL DB setup (mySQL was already configured on the server)

Does it mean that your server has MySQL running BEFORE installing iRedMail?

I wish you read this line in our installation tutorial:

IMPORTANT WARNING: iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifing, and it may not be working as expected.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Does it mean that your server has MySQL running BEFORE installing iRedMail?

Yeah - it was a running server before. However, it was only a clone of another one I had done (that used Google Apps, so had no need for a mail server). The issue with this one, is that we are easily going to go over the limit that Google give for the email stuff.

Still, I read that part of your page AFTER trying it first time around smile I've called it a day now , but am going to have a look at doing a fresh install of Debian 8.1 tomorrow, and then putting this on right after (and then I can put nginx etc on, which is the system we are using).

The reason I didn't want to have to go down this route, is that it was a real PITA to configure Perl/PHP with nginx... and also GD (some weird bug in the installer). Anyhow, guess it needs to be done smile

Is there any reason it couldn't just ask for a mysql user/pass/host when installing, if it detects that mySQL is installed installed?

TIA

Andy

youradds wrote:

Is there any reason it couldn't just ask for a mysql user/pass/host when installing, if it detects that mySQL is installed installed?

If you typed correct MySQL root password during iRedMail installation, it should be fine -- although the installer will throw out some error messages on console. WARNING: This is not recommended.

Thanks for the reply. I managed to get it all going (and have setup SPF/DKIM etc). I'm having a bugger of a job getting the site to work though. If I go here:

://mail.site.net

..then I get correctly sent to:

://mail.site.net/mail (and asked to login)

However, when I go to:

://site.net/

..I get sent to:

://site.net/mail (and shown the login page for roundcube)

I'm using it with nginx, and have added a profile .conf into /etc/nginx/sites-available, and then symlinked it to /etc/nginx/sites-enabled .... then rebooted nginx ... but something seems to be overwriting it.

Any suggestions?

BTW, you really need to get rid of the auto-linking stuff in this forum / the limit on the number you can post. I tried to post 3 (genuine ones), but have had to replace the http:// to just ://, to be able to post :/)

TIA

Andy

youradds wrote:

I'm using it with nginx, and have added a profile .conf into /etc/nginx/sites-available, and then symlinked it to /etc/nginx/sites-enabled .... then rebooted nginx ... but something seems to be overwriting it.
Any suggestions?

If you check /etc/nginx/nginx.conf, it doesn't read files under `sites-available` and `sites-enabled` at all. it reads /etc/nginx/conf.d/ instead.

youradds wrote:

BTW, you really need to get rid of the auto-linking stuff in this forum / the limit on the number you can post. I tried to post 3 (genuine ones), but have had to replace the http:// to just hmm/, to be able to post hmm)

Disabled. you can now paste as many links as you want in your post.

Aaahh that would be where I was going wrong then! I just assumed it would be in the default location (where I normally edit those files / add sites)

Disabled. you can now paste as many links as you want in your post.

hehe thanks smile