==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

This is not an iredmail only question but maybe someone is having the capabilities to help me?
I've set up an email server using iRedMail on our schools server. As well I've set up ownCloud on the server. Users added to LDAP by iRedMail can login to Owncloud. They can as well see the groups I've added following this guide:

Add mail list with phpLDAPadmin

In the Owncloud-LDAP-groups settings I had to make these settings

(&(|(objectclass=mailList)))

But the users are not associated to their LDAP-groups in Owncloud. Does someone know how to manage this? (You can imagine that it would cost me a lot of time to add them manually in Owncloud)

Thanks in advance!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Howto associate iredmail-ldap-user to their groups in ownCloud

Show us what info ownCloud requires, maybe a screenshot of the (ownCloud) setting page.

Screenshots are in german, so I will link to some english screenshots in the owncloud manual.

I think the relevant part for this question is to find in the Advanced tab, in the Directory settings.

I've attached a screenshot with my settings and here you can find an english one.

In the manual they write:

Owncloud manual wrote:

Group Member association:

The attribute that is used to indicate group memberships, i.e. the attribute used by LDAP groups to refer to their users.

ownCloud detects the value automatically. You should only change it if you have a very valid reason and know what you are doing.

Example: uniquemember

I just can choose uniqueMember, memberUid or member (AD). I've tried them all but with no success.

Post's attachments

Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-10-15 19:16:56.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-10-15 19:16:56.png 63.62 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

If you can switch the ownCloud interface to English language, i may be able to give you accurate hints.

I've changed the language to english and again made a screenshot.

Post's attachments

Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-10-16 16:38:38.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-10-16 16:38:38.png 58.4 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I'm afraid that this may not work with ownCloud. Let me explain how iRedMail stores membership in LDAP.

*) Let's say we have mailing list account 'group@xx.com', and it has 2 members: user1@xx.com, user2@xx.com.
*) The mailing list account is stored under 'ou=Groups,domainName=[domain],o=domains,dc=xx,dc=xx'.
*) Mail users are stored under 'ou=Users,domainName=[domain],o=domains,dc=xx,dc=xx'.
*) Membership is stored in user object with attribute/value pair: memberOfGroup=group@xx.com
*) Mailing list object is used to store additional info like mailing list access policy, moderators, etc.

According to the screenshot, ownCloud expects the membership attribute/value pair is stored in mailing list object, but iRedMail doesn't.

7 (edited by alex42 2015-10-18 18:35:53)

Thanks a lot! I've contacted the owncloud devs, maybe they can help or implement such a feature in future releases.