Topic: Method to forward an alias' email to both other users and a script?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  CentOS 7 x64
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?  No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi All

In our current mail server we use the /etc/aliases file to manage mail aliases.  A couple of our aliases accept log files from our 3rd party vendor and both send the mail on to our administrative users and send them to a processing script that parses the log file for errors.  Here's an example entry from my current alias file to illustrate:

ventor-ht-services:     user1@domain.com, alias1@comain.com, "|/opt/apps/log-handlers/scan-ht-email.sh"

Is there a way to duplicate this functionality using iRedMail's setup? 

I read that I can pipe the alias to a custom transport via this doc:  http://www.iredmail.org/docs/pipe.incom … cript.html   but that doesn't allow the messages to also be forwarded to our admin team.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Method to forward an alias' email to both other users and a script?

How about this: forward to multiple addresses, and set per-user transport of one forwarding address to pipe?

Re: Method to forward an alias' email to both other users and a script?

Well of course that's the way to do it.  I don't know why that didn't occur to me yesterday as it's the obvious way to handle the problem.

Thanks for pointing it out to me. :-)