==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi. Prompt if I want to develop iredmail without use of SSL, what it is necessary to make for this purpose in a distribution kit? Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installation of iredmail without SSl

Just disable SSL in Apache/Dovecot/Postfix/... after installation.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Just disable SSL in Apache/Dovecot/Postfix/... after installation.

Which parameter needs to be changed in the settings apache, dovecot, postfix? I for the first time introduce the e-mail server on linux.

*) Set 'ssl = yes' (instead of 'required') in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf to make POP3S/IMAPS and POP3/IMAP over TLS optional.

*) To disable TLS enforcement, comment out 'smtpd_tls_auth_only=yes' in /etc/postfix/main.cf.

My question is: why? Everyone want secure connection, why do you disable SSL?

Every time at connection to the server from Outlook or through Web appears the prevention that and it is impossible to check the certificate self-signed the publisher. To get through the centers of certification, these are expenses to which the company won't go. I want to introduce the server that users didn't notice it.

Buying a SSL cert isn't that expensive, i suggest you buy one and continue offering secure connections to protect your privacy.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Buying a SSL cert isn't that expensive, i suggest you buy one and continue offering secure connections to protect your privacy.

I will listen to you and I will get officially the certificate. Thanks.