- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 14.04 Trusty
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NginX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I'm trying to use dovecot-sieve, and I have some error with backtrace in logs. After some search seems could be caused by this old version 2.2.9 of dovecot packages. Currently the last stable is 2.2.19 (2.2.20 in RC)

I'm searching a way to upgrade it without trouble, there is some PPA but not with the package dovecot-sieve / dovecot-managesieved required for me.

So, may be the best solution is to dist-upgrade my Ubuntu Server from 14.04 to 10.10

But I'm not sure it's a good idea ^^

Do you known if this will break iRedMail please?

May be someone have a better idea to upgrade dovecot without dist-upgrade my Ubuntu ?

Best regards,

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade Dovecot from 2.2.9 to a recent version

On our ubuntu 14.04 we added the dovecot repository into apt source list

deb http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian/ stable-auto/dovecot-2.2 main

Then added the keyring

apt-get install debian-dovecot-auto-keyring

Then dovecot will follow the latest stable packages using apt-get update & upgrade

Thanks a lot @beez !

It's now upgraded, but I have 2 problems:

1) the "dovecot-antispam" package isn't proposed in this repository, so I've temporaly disabled the "antispam" plugin ( but my sieve script require the result of the spam filter ... )

2) I have theses stranges SSL errors:

Dec 07 09:52:10 master: Info: Dovecot v2.2.20.rc1 (0b81127e53da) starting up for pop3, imap, sieve, lmtp (core dumps disabled)
Dec 07 09:52:10 lmtp(20467): Error: SSL: Stacked error: error:0608308E:digital envelope routines:EVP_PKEY_get1_EC_KEY:expecting a ec key
Dec 07 09:52:10 lmtp(20471): Error: SSL: Stacked error: error:0608308E:digital envelope routines:EVP_PKEY_get1_EC_KEY:expecting a ec key
Dec 07 09:52:10 lmtp(20474): Error: SSL: Stacked error: error:0608308E:digital envelope routines:EVP_PKEY_get1_EC_KEY:expecting a ec key
Dec 07 09:52:10 lmtp(20472): Error: SSL: Stacked error: error:0608308E:digital envelope routines:EVP_PKEY_get1_EC_KEY:expecting a ec key
Dec 07 09:52:10 lmtp(20473): Error: SSL: Stacked error: error:0608308E:digital envelope routines:EVP_PKEY_get1_EC_KEY:expecting a ec key
Dec 07 09:52:23 imap-login: Error: SSL: Stacked error: error:0608308E:digital envelope routines:EVP_PKEY_get1_EC_KEY:expecting a ec key
Dec 07 09:52:23 imap-login: Error: SSL: Stacked error: error:0608308E:digital envelope routines:EVP_PKEY_get1_EC_KEY:expecting a ec key

Do you known why this error happens please?
I precise I've kept all current version of my config files.

Regards,

hmmm... but in all cases, I've just tested my script, and I continue to have Sieve errors, even with this version 2.2.20rc :-(
So, upgrading Dovecot haven't solved my problem.

The problem is, what's your initial problem you want to solve? maybe it's caused by improper Dovecot setting?
Show us the detailed log please.

Hello!

Just found the reason of the initial problem, this was my fault, my sieve script execute an external program that returned too much information for the "fileinfo" command, and this make it crash.

Thanks for your help for the upgrading part of Dovecot !

Regards