- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7 minimal install
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?no
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I am not sure where to begin.

Background: I had a working system, new, I tried to fumble and change domain name from mail.example.com to just example.com. All services worked, DNS, etc.

My changes broke the system.

So I did all as a clean install, hostname as srv.example.com and mail domain as example.com.

Now, DNS doesn't resolve, and more importantly, neither roundcube nor iredadmin open, even with https://ip_addresses/mail or https://ip_addresses/iredadmin. I tested by turning off firewalld, fail2ban, etc. Nothing.

Please point me in  the correct direction before I reinstall again.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Centos 7 new install

ryandmilton wrote:

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7 minimal install
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?no
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Just to add some log info

/var/lor/iredapd.log shows:
2015-12-13 20:05:30 INFO Loading plugin: reject_null_sender                             
2015-12-13 20:05:30 INFO Loading plugin: amavisd_message_size_limit                     
2015-12-13 20:05:30 INFO Loading plugin: amavisd_wblist                                 
2015-12-13 20:05:31 INFO Loading plugin: sql_alias_access_policy                       
2015-12-13 20:11:04 INFO [74.115.12.14] RCPT, dnsstufftools@dnsstuff.com -> postmaster@r
yanmilton.xyz, DUNNO

dovecot.log :
Dec 13 20:37:19 lmtp(2748): Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)   
Dec 13 20:37:19 lmtp(2742): Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)   
Dec 13 20:37:19 lmtp(2750): Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)   
Dec 13 20:37:19 anvil: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)       
Dec 13 20:37:19 config: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)       
Dec 13 20:37:19 log: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)         
Dec 13 20:37:19 lmtp(2749): Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)   
Dec 13 20:38:25 master: Info: Dovecot v2.2.10 starting up for pop3, imap, sieve, lmtp (c
ore dumps disabled)

ryandmilton wrote:

So I did all as a clean install, hostname as srv.example.com and mail domain as example.com.

Please make sure srv.example.com has correct A record, mail domain 'example.com' has A/MX records.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ryandmilton wrote:

Please make sure srv.example.com has correct A record, mail domain 'example.com' has A/MX records.

lets say I am just trying to access roundcube or the admin panel from the LAN to DMZ... I still get the error as seen by the screenshot.

DNS or no, this should still work.... I can't find anything in log files that shows an error.

Post's attachments

2015-12-14 20-28-12 Window.png
2015-12-14 20-28-12 Window.png 35.5 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

2015-12-14 20-29-01 Window.png
2015-12-14 20-29-01 Window.png 36.38 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Looks like a firewall/routing issue.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Looks like a firewall/routing issue.

Good news! I figured it out. I knew it couldn't be a firewall/routing issue (though, I turned off firewalld, and opened all from the fw to be sure wink ) .

Turns out that I kept running nmap 127.0.0.1, and netstat -tulpn to show current listening services...and know what? The system wasn't listening on 443.

Furthermore, when I kept checking the status of nginx, iwas getting "Failed to start the nginx HTTP and revers proxy server.

The problem was solved when I shut off apache2!!

Immediately nginx started up, and I could access all the sites!

Let this be a lesson to all, when installing iRedmail, DON'T have apache also running...there will be a port conflict!

whew!

I'm confused.

iRedMail-0.9.2 won't install Apache if you chose Nginx as web server during iRedMail installation.
My question is, did you install Apache yourself, or it's installed by iRedMail? If it's installed by iRedMail, it might be a bug.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I'm confused.

No you're not....I had installed apache JUST before installing iRedmail.

ok. topic closed.