- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql /Mariadb
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache 2.4
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: <n/a>
====

Hi there,
I have installed iredmail 0.9.2 on my new system after using an old version on my old server.
So many things have changed that I'm not sure if everything is configured correctly.

So I think it's a good idea to let a developer have a look over my configuration-files.
Or is there a "configuration-files-check-utility" available?

Is  it enough to buy a single Ticket?

kind regards
Heiner

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Newbie needs check of his iredmail-configuration

With default iRedMail settings, it should be fine. I'm not quite sure what you need to check.

G'day,

for example: Today i found this in the logfiles:

030A430016CC5C: host mx01.emig.gmx.net[212.227.17.5] refused to talk to me: 554-gmx.net (mxgmx106) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available 554-No SMTP service 554-Bad DNS PTR resource record. 554 For explanation visit http://postmaster.gmx.com/en/error-mess … amp;c=rdns

And, because i have 3 valid Domains on that server with 1 IP I'm not sure if everything works fine.

It's just normal smtp error, not configuration issue.

It complains you don't have proper PTR DNS record for your server IP address(es).

Ok, i understand, you dont want to earn money.

Thx. for help

I don't want to waste your money.

Default iRedMail settings are very stable, your server is as good as others'. The most important point is, your log message is not an "error". I want to earn money, but get money to fix a (known) non-existing "issue" is cheeky.

gibor wrote:

Ok, i understand, you dont want to earn money.

Just buy him a coffee instead... Zhang is always very helpful and not at all after your money wink

8 (edited by extremeshok 2015-12-16 09:55:45)

@gibor for us to do a full Quality Assurance / Audit of a mail server takes around 36 billable hours.

For starters fix your reverse DNS issues and read up on  RFC 2821.