1 (edited by Peter2121 2015-12-23 19:09:20)

Topic: Re-run mysql initial config

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version 0.9.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 10.2 jail
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I installed iRedMail in iocage jail.
Probably, due to some problems of permissions (I need to investigate, I'll put more details here later), mysql was not started at the moment of config script (just after install). Now I have no problems with mysql start, so I need to re-run the script which should put the necessary config to MySQL. How can I do it?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Re-run mysql initial config

You can find several SQL files under iRedMail-0.9.3/runtime/, please import them and see whether it works for you.

This is not the ideal solution. I hope you can grab related error message on terminal and file iRedMail-0.9.3/runtime/install.log, so that i can fix it, then you get a working mail server right after iRedMail installation.

Thank you, it works now after applying some scripts. Anyway, it's just a test, I'll reinstall it later.
Globally, there were some permission problems in MySQL (no user could connect to MySQL) because the necessary scripts were not started during install (as MySQL was down).
The source of my problem - incorrect permissions on some libs from the base system (libgss_s, libssl, libcrypto), I've dropped a ticket to iocage about it.

There was just one serious problem in iRedMail install script:
/usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf has the following line:
listen = * [::]
My jail has no ipv6 address (ipv6 support is disabled), so dovecot service did not start before I changed the line to:
listen = *

I understand you want to disable IPv6 support because you don't have IPv6 address. But it might be a good idea to enable IPv6 support to provide compatibility for other applications.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I understand you want to disable IPv6 support because you don't have IPv6 address. But it might be a good idea to enable IPv6 support to provide compatibility for other applications.

Unfortunately, there are some problems with other apps when ipv6 support is activated but there is no routable ipv6 address configured (svn for example). That's why it is disabled when ipv6 is not supported in the environment. Maybe it would be better to check ipv6 availability during install. Globally, it's a problem of Dovecot more than a problem of iRedMail, but a workaround in install scripts could help some people...