Re: iRedMail-0.9.3 has been released.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Chrissicom wrote:

iRedAdmin (free) is not working properly anymore. When I open it with Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer on Windows 10 or Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome on Mac OS X 10.11 or Safari or Google Chrome on iOS 9.2 then I only see html source code of the page.

This doesn't make sense to me sad
If it works for local access (http://127.0.0.1), it should work for external access.

*) Do you run Apache on Debian/Ubuntu? do you have Apache config file 'iredadmin.conf' enabled with command "a2enconf iredadmin"?
*) If you're running other Linux/BSD distributions, please make sure iRedAdmin config file for Apache is loaded by Apache. for example, on RHEL/CentOS, it's /etc/httpd/conf.d/iredadmin.conf.

Hi there. Actually I am using nginx and not Apache. The required config files are where they should be nevertheless and also iredadmin worked with 0.9.2 before the upgrade. What I believe is, that some access permissions went nuts when upgrading iredadmin. When I am running lynx I do it with root, when I access the website remotely, the nginx user is used (the nginx user owns the iredadmin directory).

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Chrissicom wrote:

Hi there. Actually I am using nginx and not Apache. The required config files are where they should be nevertheless and also iredadmin worked with 0.9.2 before the upgrade. What I believe is, that some access permissions went nuts when upgrading iredadmin. When I am running lynx I do it with root, when I access the website remotely, the nginx user is used (the nginx user owns the iredadmin directory).

No idea yet. sad
Could you please show us iRedAdmin related settings in Nginx? Did you change any of them?

Hello

I tried to install 0.9.3 on a fresh debian 8 installation.
I followed this howto : http://www.iredmail.org/docs/install.ir … erver.html

My problem is no database has been created probably because no password was asked during instalation.
However I tried to connect from this server to my database server with mysql client and it works.

Someone can help me? Is there a bug in the wizzard ?

*) Any error on terminal during iRedMail installation?
*) Any error in iRedMail-0.9.3/runtime/install.log?

I don't think so
During dialogs no password was asked. Is it normal?
When I open iRedMail-0.9.3/config file I see :

export MYSQL_ROOT_USER='admin_iredmail'
export MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD='JAEqt8tXW8HM95FXQ91ipkDYGfr675'

Don't know where this password come from.

export SQL_SERVER_ADDRESS='192.168.2.107'
export SQL_SERVER_PORT='3306'

Can I add SQL_SERVER_PASSWD or something like that? I Tried to change MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD with my password "MonMotDePasse" but didn't work.

I didn't see any error and when it finished some address tips was given.
I will try again

Default value for 'MYSQL_ROOT_USER' is 'root', why yours is 'admin_iredmail'? Did you modify some (iRedMail) file before install iRedMail?

I'm afraid that you need to reinstall server OS, then install iRedMail.

57 (edited by Nexion 2015-12-30 18:38:29)

Just set variables and launch the wizard like that :

MYSQL_SERVER_ADDRESS='192.168.2.107' MYSQL_SERVER_PORT='3306' MYSQL_ROOT_USER='admin_iredmail' MYSQL_GRANT_HOST='192.168.2.106 bash iRedMail.sh

(cf: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/install.ir … erver.html)

I tried again and it works ! But I have to set MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD with my password in iRedMail-0.9.3/config

What I have done :

When wizard finished

< Question > Continue? [y|N] 

I said NO
Changed MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD with "MyPassword" in iRedMail-0.9.3/config

Restart wizard

[ INFO ] Checking configuration file: /root/iRedMail-0.9.3/config ... [FOUND]
< Question > Use it for mail server setting? [y|N]

I said Yes

Now i can connect to iredadmin.
So the question is why it never asked me my password?

Nexion wrote:

So the question is why it never asked me my password?

Bug in iRedMail-0.9.3.

To make installation even simpler, iRedMail generates mysql root password randomly instead of asking you to input a new one. For installation without existing MySQL server, this is fine, and the random password is strong, this avoids weak password typed by sys admin.

Below patch fixes this issue. It checks whether MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD is empty, if not empty, it uses existing value. If empty, it uses a randomly generated password.

diff -r 47dcf5cfed06 iRedMail/dialog/config_via_dialog.sh
--- a/iRedMail/dialog/config_via_dialog.sh    Wed Dec 30 14:59:33 2015 +0800
+++ b/iRedMail/dialog/config_via_dialog.sh    Wed Dec 30 19:06:32 2015 +0800
@@ -206,7 +206,8 @@

# MySQL root password
 # MYSQL_ROOT_USER is defined in conf/global
-export MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD="$(${RANDOM_STRING})"
+export random_root_pw="$(${RANDOM_STRING})"
+export MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD="${MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD:=${random_root_pw}}"
 echo "export MYSQL_ROOT_USER='${MYSQL_ROOT_USER}'" >>${IREDMAIL_CONFIG_FILE}
 echo "export MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD='${MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD}'" >>${IREDMAIL_CONFIG_FILE}

Okey!

So if I want to start it again from scratch I have to add MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD variable with my password before starting iRedMail.sh?

MYSQL_SERVER_ADDRESS='192.168.2.107' MYSQL_SERVER_PORT='3306' MYSQL_ROOT_USER='admin_iredmail' MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD='MyPassword  MYSQL_GRANT_HOST='192.168.2.106 bash iRedMail.sh

Is it right?

Maybe you should add a correction for documentation:

It will launch iRedMail installation wizard as usual. When it asks MySQL root password, please input the password (admin_password in our case) we created on remote MySQL server.

Thanks for your help

Nexion wrote:

Okey!

So if I want to start it again from scratch I have to add MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD variable with my password before starting iRedMail.sh?

MYSQL_SERVER_ADDRESS='192.168.2.107' MYSQL_SERVER_PORT='3306' MYSQL_ROOT_USER='admin_iredmail' MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWD='MyPassword  MYSQL_GRANT_HOST='192.168.2.106 bash iRedMail.sh

Is it right?

Correct - of course you must apply above patch also.

Nexion wrote:

Maybe you should add a correction for documentation:

Fixed.
Plan to release new iRedMail (0.9.4) soon with several fixes.

I just noticed that since the update only mails sent via roundcube do get signed with DKIM but mails sent with the application on my local computer via SMTP don't get DKIM-signed.

Using roundcube:
Passed CLEAN {RelayedInternal}, ORIGINATING/MYNETS LOCAL [127.0.0.1]:39724 -> relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10026

Using mail client on my computer:
Passed CLEAN {RelayedInbound}, [46.5.2.113]:22257 [46.5.2.113] -> relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024

46.5.2.113 is the IP-Adress of the mail-client connection via SMTP.
Did I miss something in the update or how can i fix that?

Hi @heavygale,

There might be something wrong when you following our tutorial here:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.ir … ernal-user

Please create a new forum topic, show us basic info of your mail server (linux/bsd distribution name, release version, etc), and FULL amavisd config file, plus output of command "postconf -n", and full content of /etc/postfix/master.cf.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Will we need to go from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3 and then 0.9.4 or will we be able to go straight to 0.9.4?

dittman wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Will we need to go from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3 and then 0.9.4 or will we be able to go straight to 0.9.4?

From http://www.iredmail.org/docs/iredmail.releases.html:

How upgrading works

Usually, upgrading iRedMail is just updating some config files to achieve new features or fix bugs, you do NOT need to download the latest iRedMail and run the script.
Upgrades are only supported from one release to the release immediately following it. Do NOT skip releases.
If you're looking for upgrading a very old iRedMail server to the latest iRedMail release, there's an alternative solution: Migrating to a new iRedMail server.

So you will probably need to go to 0.9.3 and then to 0.9.4 and not jump from 0.9.2 to 0.9.4

dittman wrote:

You HAVE TO go from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3, then 0.9.4.
Do not skip releases.

How iRedMail works determines how we upgrade iRedMail server, it's not the best way, but we have no good idea yet. If you're any suggestion, please don't hesitate to share with us.

Hi Zhang,

Just did the update on my server from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3.

Here are some things that you could update on your manual:

1°) cluebringer => iredapd: you should specify that if cluebringer is not installed, this step is optionnal
2°) roundcube: you can warn that rsync package must be installed to do the update using roundcube update script, on debian 8.2 at least
3°) amavis: $originating = 1; does not exist in 0.9.2 for $policy_bank{'ORIGINATING'} = { and $policy_bank{'ORIGINATING'} = { is already commented out
4°) amavis -o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026 => it's not "update", it's "uncomment" for 0.9.2
5°) sogo cron: this is my actual sogo cron:

# iRedMail: SOGo session cleanup, should be run every minute.
# Ajust the [X]Minutes parameter to suit your needs
# Example: Sessions without activity since 30 minutes will be dropped:
*   *   *   *   *   /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-sessions 30

# iRedMail: SOGo vacation messages expiration
# The credentials file should contain the sieve admin credentials (username:passwd)
0   0   *   *   *   /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-autoreply -p /etc/sogo/sieve.cred

So if I replace this by what you say in the manual:

*   *   *   *   *   /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-sessions 30; /usr/sbin/sogo-ealarms-notify

it's not the same thing anymore. So i skipped this step!

6°) Well it's the first time that I do an iredmail update and i must say I was surprised that the update process is so complicated regarding the installation process. Install process = lauch script, select case, enjoy and update is edit manually a lot of files, do manual SQL updates ?!? smile Why not do another script that check the server configuration and do the update automaticly like the install? smile

7°) You did not talk about doing package and distribution updates. Should I do apt-get update / apt-get upgrade from time to time to keep everything up and running?

Thanks smile

Neutro wrote:

1°) cluebringer => iredapd: you should specify that if cluebringer is not installed, this step is optionnal
2°) roundcube: you can warn that rsync package must be installed to do the update using roundcube update script, on debian 8.2 at least
4°) amavis -o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026 => it's not "update", it's "uncomment" for 0.9.2

Fixed.

Neutro wrote:

6°) Well it's the first time that I do an iredmail update and i must say I was surprised that the update process is so complicated regarding the installation process. Install process = lauch script, select case, enjoy and update is edit manually a lot of files, do manual SQL updates ?!? smile Why not do another script that check the server configuration and do the update automaticly like the install? smile

For installation, we know the server is clean, the config file is unmodified, the line in certain file is what we expect. But for upgrading, everything becomes unknown. for example, you mentioned the 'content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026' in item #3 in your post, how can you know this line is still there? maybe admin removed or changed it. You suppose the server should work as usual after upgrading, but you're not sure at all. if you add more and more code to detect whether the line is there, the setting is there, what you should do if the line isn't there, and add missing settings/lines as we want, but we cannot make sure the service can run with added settings because the added settings may not work with existing settings added by admin. So it's a little complicate. Or just i thought it's complex?

Do you have any idea/suggestion how we can solve this?

Neutro  wrote:

7°) You did not talk about doing package and distribution updates. Should I do apt-get update / apt-get upgrade from time to time to keep everything up and running?

iRedMail installs packages from Debian official apt repository, so you're safe to upgrade with 'apt-get upgrade' -- unless the new package breaks the backward compatibility itself.

Thanks for your answer smile

how can you know this line is still there? maybe admin removed or changed it.

Well if you start to go that way it's indeed complicated. But personally i use iredmail with default install settings and i do not touch them.

So I was more thinking about doing an update script that only works if the admin did not modify the config files that have been created by the installation smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
dittman wrote:

You HAVE TO go from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3, then 0.9.4.
Do not skip releases.

How iRedMail works determines how we upgrade iRedMail server, it's not the best way, but we have no good idea yet. If you're any suggestion, please don't hesitate to share with us.

Since most of the changes to a new release concerns changes of text based configuration files it could be an idea to do changes directly through git. E.g a new release would then constitute a new branch or lessor desirable a git tag.

Hello
I try to update my server from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3.
it is not clear to me part about amavisd:

Comment out below line in Amavisd config file:
    WARNING: Do NOT remove originating => 1, in ALL $policy_bank blocks.
$originating = 1;

which lines exactly should I comment out?

what about item "3°)" which Neutro wrote?
Thanks for your advice

There're several '$originating =1;' in amavisd config file: 1 of them is NOT defined inside any '$policy_bank = {}' block, and this is the one we need to comment out.

if your choose not mysql backend then bsdutils package will not be installed but mysql needed and be force installed. Installation will be failed because bsdutils is absent.
we will see this:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/mysql-server-5.6.postinst: line 132: logger: command not found
/var/lib/dpkg/info/mysql-server-5.6.postinst: line 210: logger: command not found
dpkg: error processing package mysql-server-5.6 (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127

..and this:

Errors were encountered while processing:
mysql-server-5.6
mysql-server
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
<< ERROR >> Installation failed, please check the terminal output.
<< ERROR >> If you're not sure what the problem is, try to get help in iRedMail
<< ERROR >> forum: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/

please add bsdutils package independed of base backend.

section "[OPTIONAL] Postfix: add some more restriction methods" is
"add a new setting check_sender_access pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_access.pcre right before permit_mynetworks"
my smtpd_sender_restrictions looks like

smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unlisted_sender, permit_mynetworks, reject_sender_login_mismatch, permit_sasl_authenticated

in your example "check_sender_access pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_access.pcre" is placed after "permit_sasl_authenticated"

if it depends on the order, where new settings "check_sender_access pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_access.pcre" must be placed?
Thanks for your help

MAGNet wrote:

if your choose not mysql backend then bsdutils package will not be installed but mysql needed and be force installed. Installation will be failed because bsdutils is absent.

Fixed:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/comm … e4564cecc2

jirous wrote:

section "[OPTIONAL] Postfix: add some more restriction methods" is
in your example "check_sender_access pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_access.pcre" is placed after "permit_sasl_authenticated"

Sorry about this mistake. The example is correct, but the description above it is wrong.
I fixed this moment ago:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.ir … on-methods

Thanks for the report. smile