Topic: iRedmail 0.9.3 not asking for sql password at installation

I am trying to install iRedmail 0.9.3 on Ubuntu server 14.04 with LAMP installed.

However, when I choose ldap or Mysql as backend, it never asks for the mysql username and password? Am I missing something? I know in the past I have installed iRedmail and I didn't have this problem, so is there something wrong with the script? In the past installs (and in all the tutorials I have seen) after choosing the backend it then prompts for the Mysql root username and password, but this version doesn't. At the end of the logs I get and error saying it was trying to login on Mysql with user "YES", so somewhere it grabs some other option and uses it for my Mysql username.

Thanks.

Warren.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedmail 0.9.3 not asking for sql password at installation

Your MySQL password is in "under ubuntu" /opt/www/iredadmin/something.tips

"
Read file /root/iRedMail-x.y.z/iRedMail.tips first, it contains:

URLs, usernames and passwords of web-based applications
"

3 (edited by warhansen 2016-01-15 15:02:03)

I just checked, forced a older installation to not check for new versions, and 0.9.0 does ask for the Mysql Password during installation. So something wrong with the 0.9.3 script.

PS the Mysql password I am referring to is the root password which it should prompt for...

Thanks.

in iRedMail-0.9.3, If you choose to store mail accounts in MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL, iRedMail installer will generate a random, strong password for you. You can find it in file iRedMail.tips.