Topic: How to reset the postmaster password for iRedAdmin?

Hi there,

I've just installed iRedMail 0.9.5-1 (running with MySQL) and I really do like it. Everything works out of the box, but for some reason I must have chosen a password for the postmaster account that I can't remember, so I can't use the iRedAdmin web interface anymore. (And yes - I know this is dumb as sh*t)

I've already looked at the docs, but they only give advice on how to change a normal mail user's password by replacing the hash in the vmail database table. This does not help me because there's just my normal mail user account in the table "mailbox", but I can't find the postmaster password hash anywhere.

How and where can I change the "real" postmaster password that I had to set during the installation? I hope there is a way, otherwise I'd probably have to flush the server and re-run the whole installation.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to reset the postmaster password for iRedAdmin?

If your postmaster@ account is not a mail user, it's stored in sql table 'vmail.admin'. Replacing password string in its 'password' column please.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

If your postmaster@ account is not a mail user, it's stored in sql table 'vmail.admin'. Replacing password string in its 'password' column please.

Thanks for your answer, but this is strange: the vmail.admin table is empty and there's just one user (my default email user) in the mailbox table. There is however my "postmaster@mydomain.com" entry in the domain_admins table.

Is there something wrong with my installation then? I didn't delete or change anything in the DB yet...

*) Any error in iRedMail-0.9.5-1/runtime/install.log?
*) Anyway, you can promote an existing mail user to global admin with sql commands below:

sql> USE vmail;
sql> UPDATE mailbox SET isadmin=1, isglobaladmin=1 WHERE username='<email>';
sql> INSERT INTO domain_admins (username, domain) VALUES ('<email>', 'ALL');

Update: i created an article for this:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/promote.us … admin.html