Topic: iRedMail tries to send using @127.0.0.1

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySql
- Web server: Apache2
====

Hi all, sorry if this is a very stupid question, but I've just started with email and I've encountered an issue that I can't seem to fix.

I managed to set up iRedMail successfully. However, when I send an email, it tries to send with postmaster@127.0.0.1

When I click on the send button, it gives the error:

SMTP Error (501): Failed to set sender "postmaster@127.0.0.1" (5.1.7 Bad sender address syntax).

I can't seem to fix this... any help?

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail tries to send using @127.0.0.1

giu989 wrote:

However, when I send an email, it tries to send with postmaster@127.0.0.1

Did you send from Roundcube webmail? if yes, please logout first, then login will full email address as login username.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
giu989 wrote:

However, when I send an email, it tries to send with postmaster@127.0.0.1

Did you send from Roundcube webmail? if yes, please logout first, then login will full email address as login username.

Worked, thanks!!

Is there a way to make it so that you only need to log in with your username instead of your full email on round cube?

giu989 wrote:

Is there a way to make it so that you only need to log in with your username instead of your full email on round cube?

Uncomment below line in /opt/www/roundcubemail/config/config.inc.php:

$config['username_domain'] = 

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
giu989 wrote:

Uncomment below line in /opt/www/roundcubemail/config/config.inc.php:

$config['username_domain'] = 

Worked, thanks so much!