Topic: Message attachment size

Hi,

I followed these instructions to increase the message attachment size.

http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic464- … -size.html

No matter what I have done the if the attachment is over 10MB (default) it gets rejected.

Any suggestions?  I need to get this fixed quickly, I have an attorney at work here breathing down my neck.  hmm

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Message attachment size

What you did? What do you expect? per-user message attachment size or a global setting?

Zhang,

I'm looking to increase the message attachment size globally. I increased message_size_limit in the main.cf configuration to be 100MB. I also followed the instruction and made the changes to the php.ini file and the .htaccess file. Most of my users use Outlook so I'm not as concerned with webmail. I do need to be able to send attachments larger than 10MB though.

Thanks again for your help.

Do you have any records in mysql database? Database name: policyd, table: throttle.

yikes 100 MB

When I did a SQL query on the table throttle, it returned zero results.  Is there something in the postfixpolicyd table that I need to insert as well?

Thanks.

Can you please explain what you did? Detail settings?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Can you please explain what you did? Detail settings?

Under the postfixpolicyd database, I ran the SQL query select * from throttle, and the results return 0.  It seems to me that the entire table is empty.  Under phpMyAdmin, when I tried to browse the table it would not allow me to because there is nothing in the table.

I'm sorry that I not providing enough detail, but I am fairly new at administratoring a email server.

Sorry about the confusing, i mean what you did to to  change global attachment size limit, by following the link in the first post.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Sorry about the confusing, i mean what you did to to  change global attachment size limit, by following the link in the first post.

Yes, I followed those instructions line by line. I guess that's what is confusing me because that should have increased the attachment size limit.

I apologize I figured out what the problem was, I am also using a Cisco Ironport spam filter, and it was what was limiting the attachment sizes.

Thanks again for a great project, it works awesome. smile

Hi. Mr. Zhang,

I have a problem that my attached message size is good enough for me which i set it to 100MB, and it work from outlook, but can't work from webmail. it seems only work on webmail which the message size is under 10MB.

I have follow all the step from the post of : http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic464- … -size.html
but it still can not work on the webmail.

and the test environment is without andy filter or firewall.

I found the this in my database:  Database name: policyd, table: throttle. what should I make change to make it also work on webmail?

Thank you.

More information about the database.

Post's attachments

ScreenShot075.jpg
ScreenShot075.jpg 93.74 kb, 1 downloads since 2010-08-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.