Topic: Managesieve Failing

In /var/log/mail.info I keep getting the following errors when I click on the "Filters" tab in Roundcube:

Aug 16 20:01:09 mail roundcube: PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-0.3.1/plugins/managesieve/lib/Net/Sieve.php on line 177
Aug 16 20:01:49 mail roundcube: last message repeated 2 times

In /var/log/dovecot.log I see:

Aug 16 20:01:56 MANAGESIEVE(me@domain.com): Error: sieve-storage: sieve_storage_verify_dir(/var/vmail/sieve/domain.com/me//tmp) failed: File exists
Aug 16 20:01:56 MANAGESIEVE(nielsen@stockyardmagazine.com): Fatal: Failed to create sieve storage with data: /var/vmail/sieve/domain.com/me/

Followed by:

Aug 16 20:01:57 managesieve-login: Info: Login: user=<me@domain.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured

But none of the rules are working; any thoughts? I saw one other post with a similar problem, but the solution there wasn't working.

I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 and iRedMail 0.6.1

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Managesieve Failing

you can try to add vacation fliter, I have test and working.

nielsen wrote:

Aug 16 20:01:09 mail roundcube: PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-0.3.1/plugins/managesieve/lib/Net/Sieve.php on line 177

Seems OK. just deprecated warning.

nielsen wrote:

Aug 16 20:01:56 MANAGESIEVE(me@domain.com): Error: sieve-storage: sieve_storage_verify_dir(/var/vmail/sieve/domain.com/me//tmp) failed: File exists
Aug 16 20:01:56 MANAGESIEVE(nielsen@stockyardmagazine.com): Fatal: Failed to create sieve storage with data: /var/vmail/sieve/domain.com/me/

Can you please set "mail_debug = yes" in dovecot.conf and then test it again? paste log here

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Can you please set "mail_debug = yes" in dovecot.conf and then test it again? paste log here

Turns out the initial error message I was receiving was real, but solved if you refreshed the page... I'm not exactly sure why, but at first try (and still), you get kicked an error.

I believe this is a bug in dovecot in that it doesn't parse the path given in the config-file correctly.
The solution is to edit /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and remove the last slash "/" in this line:
sieve_dir = /var/vmail/sieve/%Ld/%Ln/
so it becomes:
sieve_dir = /var/vmail/sieve/%Ld/%Ln

tested by deleting the users sieve-folder and logging in to the webmail, going to settings and filter a couple of times, it seems to work.. the folder is created and no error messages is presented to the user.