Topic: Installer 0.9.5-1 missed Postgres installation (PG is 9.5 and not 9.4)

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL 9.5
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Community Ed
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: ?
======== Required information ====

Hi,

today I came across iRedMail and decided to try it immediately... I got the 0.9.5-1 package, and started the install script on an Ubuntu 16.10 machine.

The installation when close to perfectly up to the end. The script prompt shows that Postgres 9.5 got installed
(Setting up postgresql-9.5 (9.5.5-0ubuntu0.16.10) ...), but later in the Start iRedMail Configurations section something was failing with PG
(
chmod: cannot access '/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/iredapd.pgsql': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/greylisting_whitelist_domains.sql': No such file or directory
)
And of course these steps did fail as the path to the PG stuff is /var/lib/postgresql/9.5/[etc] .

So when I do try to access the web control surfaces there is an obvious error message, as the whole PG component was never initialized.

I did not have PG, so it should have been installed by the iRedMail script system (and was showing what it was doing...)

What is the best way to recover the PG configuration? Is there some part of the install script to be run (again)?
Do I have to re-start from scratch (but then forcing the installer to use PG 9.5; or is there a way to force it to install PG 9.4)?

Thanks,
Aldo

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installer 0.9.5-1 missed Postgres installation (PG is 9.5 and not 9.4)

Dear Aldo,

Thanks for the feedback.

*) As clearly described in our download page, iRedMail-0.9.5-1 doesn't support Ubuntu 16.10.
*) The latest iRedMail development edition supports Ubuntu 16.10.