Topic: iRedmail on a Raspeerry pi 3?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi there,
I'm wondering can Iredmail run on a Raspberry Pi 3 with 1GB of ram that is also quad core? if I have a small website running along side?   Will it be able to run without hogging all the ram?

Anyone here have experience with running iRedmail on a limited configuration  like this?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedmail on a Raspeerry pi 3?

we didn't test Raspberry Pi 3, so you are on your own. but with the latest iRedMail-0.9.6, it should work fine with 1GB ram since it detects ram size and automatically set concurrently processed mail in both amavisd and postfix (to 1). but no guarantee that clamav won't stop suddenly due to no enough ram.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

we didn't test Raspberry Pi 3, so you are on your own. but with the latest iRedMail-0.9.6, it should work fine with 1GB ram since it detects ram size and automatically set concurrently processed mail in both amavisd and postfix (to 1). but no guarantee that clamav won't stop suddenly due to no enough ram.

Is there a way for me to get Iredmail to not use lots of ram if I disable ClamAV or spamassasin? how much ram would it use on the pi3? II'm planning to run a website alongside the email server.

What do you thin?

I want to turnoff SpamAsassin/ClamAV. How much ram would that leave me with if I can use Iredmail with as much low RAM as possible?

Check this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/completely … assin.html

Alright thanks! How much RAM Should this save me?  iRedmail wouldn't hog as much RAM right ? Also can I use OS X' Mail.app to send/recieve email with iRedmail? Is that one of the supported Imap clients that I will be able to use??