Topic: iredmail with admin pro panel and active directory

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Centos 7
iredmail latest version.

Hiya,

new to iredmail and installed it to give it a go. Just wanted to know, if I want i buy the admin-pro interface and when doing the install select ldap, could I use active directory windows 2012R2 please?

Cheers,

Rajbps

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredmail with admin pro panel and active directory

iRedMail works with AD, but iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't, so if you want to run iRedMail + AD, you have to manage mail accounts with AD itself (and don't buy iRedAdmin-Pro in this case).

would it intergrate like exchange would please?

rajbps wrote:

would it intergrate like exchange would please?

Hiya,

Is there any plans to get a gui to intergrate with AD please.

Rajbps

We have no plan to make iRedAdmin-Pro working with AD. sorry.

I hope it will be possible soon. It would be a very nice feature if the iRedAdmin panel works together with the AD.

Didnt found any other managed tool yet...

Received few requests, i will consider it seriously.

Although this won't happen soon, but anyone can help make it happen? i need a working AD server for testing when i start the development.

8 (edited by nicolasfo 2017-05-17 20:53:18)

Hello
I use iRedAdmin Pro MySQL based + AD.
Some accounts don't have account in AD, so I use the local MySQL DB to authenticate them.
For AD accounts, AD is only used to store the account password. I create the same account in the MySQL DB to manage the accounts options (quotas, enable/disable account...). It may be confused but it works perfectly.
To do this, I set two sources for authentication in Postfix and Dovecot, MySQL first then LDAP (AD DB in this case). If a source fails to authenticate an account, the second source (LDAP -> AD) will be tried in second chance.

Hope it helps.
Nicolas