Topic: no mail list support for iredadmin open source?

on the iredadmin features page, i can see that it says "Unlimited number of mail lists" which means that there is a limited number of mail list supported for the open source version. The thing is, I could not find the option to create one.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: no mail list support for iredadmin open source?

iRedMail is open source project, and have no any limit. All  functionality is provided by the  open source components and it's all there.

you can archive all the feature though command line or other tools, like phpldapadmin. but you would found very complex. you can find all the answer in forum.

iRedAdmin-Pro just provide GUI, let you easy config some advance feature,  like Mail list.

how do i do it with only iredadmin open source? Do i have to install mailman manually instead of using iredadmin?

iRedMail mail list feature is for enterprise use. just like group. user can not subscription or unsubscribe.

grepmaster wrote:

how do i do it with only iredadmin open source? Do i have to install mailman manually instead of using iredadmin?

iRedMail with OpenLDAP backend has builtin mail-list support, you can add new mail list with phpLDAPadmin or other LDAP client tools.

There's a wiki tutorial for creating mail alias account (not mail list account):
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … pLDAPadmin

It's similiar with mail list, but you should know which ldap attributes and values should be added.

iRedAdmin-Pro provides a simple and easy way to manage (create, delete, edit) mail lists. like this:
http://screenshots.iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iredadmin/maillist_create.png
http://screenshots.iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iredadmin/maillist_profile_general.png

@ZhangHuangbin

as you said before that
iRedMail with OpenLDAP backend has builtin mail-list support, you can add new mail list with phpLDAPadmin or other LDAP client tools.

that is great BUT can i add mail-list on iRedMail with mysql backend ???? please update me as it is very important for me

Thanks alot

Hello,

Is it possible to add a storage option for any of the mailing lists created with LDAP tool?
I am thinking of modifying the iredmail.schema of LDAP and add homeDirectory, mailMessageStore, storageBaseDirectory, mailQuota, and userPassword? Should doveadm, lib-storage, pop3, pop3secured, smtp, smtpsecured also be added?

Hi harm,

Please always post your questions in new forum topic, do not hijack other's thread, especially a 3-year old thread.

Mailing list doesn't need storage options since all emails sent to mailing list will be forwarded to its members.