Topic: Cannot find virus email

Hi,

My iRedAdmin-Pro Dashboard is showing "Virus 1" under Statistics Of Latest 24 Hours (see attached screenshot #1).

But if I left click on the "1" to drill down and view virus infected email - the quarantine list is empty (see attached screenshot #2).

Is this a bug or maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Please advise.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes v2.7.0
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Post's attachments

Screenshot#1 2017-08-06_15-55-11.jpg
Screenshot#1 2017-08-06_15-55-11.jpg 31.49 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Screenshot#2 2017-08-06_15-57-14.jpg
Screenshot#2 2017-08-06_15-57-14.jpg 64.18 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot find virus email

Could you please compare your Amavisd settings with this tutorial? Especially those virus related settings:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/quarantining.html

Zhang,

I have compared all settings and all looks OK as per the tutorial.

The only thing I can think of is that some domains (in iRedAdmin-Pro) have "Virus Checking" enabled but "Virus Quarantining" turned off.

Any comments?

With "Virus Quarantining" turned off, virus will be delivered to user's mailbox.

5 (edited by rschilt 2017-08-09 19:16:52)

Hi Zhang,

Sorry but that makes no sense.

Are you telling me that if I have "Enable virus checking" turned on -and- "Quarantine virus" turned off then a virus infected email will be delivered to the user???

What if I wanted the email to be delivered to user if virus free but not quarantine the email in question?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

With "Virus Quarantining" turned off, virus will be delivered to user's mailbox.

rschilt wrote:

Are you telling me that if I have "Enable virus checking" turned on -and- "Quarantine virus" turned off then a virus infected email will be delivered to the user???

Yes.

rschilt wrote:

What if I wanted the email to be delivered to user if virus free but not quarantine the email in question?

Sorry about my poor english, i don't quite understand this question.

*) Option "Enable virus checking" means it will perform virus scanning.
*) Option "Quarantine virus" means it will quarantine detected virus into SQL database and let you manage it with iRedAdmin-Pro web interface. If this option is enabled, detected virus will be delivered to end user.

Zhang,

Your two statements contradict each other....

- "With "Virus Quarantining" turned off, virus will be delivered to user's mailbox. -and-
- If this option is enabled, detected virus will be delivered to end user.

rschilt wrote:

Your two statements contradict each other....

Oops, my mistake.

Option "Quarantine virus" means it will quarantine detected virus into SQL database and let you manage it with iRedAdmin-Pro web interface. If this option is turned off (the checkbox is off), detected virus will be delivered to end user.

Thanks Zhang